The Arrival

Disclaimer
I do not own any of Downton Abbey's work, story or it's characters. This is STRICTLY for entertainment! Everything in this fan fiction is fictional. Please enjoy!
We do no recommend or condone the misuse of glue

________________________________________________________________

"You are hereby sentenced to either life in prison or death!" Declared the judge.

Pearls of sweat ran down Roberts forehead as he squirmed in his seat. He was on trial for misuse of glue, and trespassing in Panduro stores even after being banned from every single one in 2018. Robert doesn't have any family left, after trading them for glue on the black market, which is also one of the crimes he's prosecuted for.

His glue addiction has been ongoing since kindergarten when he was first introduced to it, and because of him then prioritising glue rather than keeping up relationships, he's got no friends.

"Well, what is your verdict?" The judge asked curiously.

Robert snapped back to reality, he had to make a choice. And soon. Thankfully Robert had come up with a plan.

"Life in prison," Said Robert calmly.

The judge slammed the gavel down on the table and declared the trial over. Robert was led to his cell where he would spend the rest of his life.

Two years later the plan Robert came up with was completed. He had created a time machine out of plastic forks and spoons he'd taken from the prison cafeteria.

"Finally out of here!" He said as he put in the time stamp to where he'd planned to go.

"2016, June 27th." Years before everything went wrong. However, because he made this contraption out of plastic forks and spoons, things didn't go quite as planned.

1912. That was the year he traveled to. Robert didn't know this yet, so he just waltzed out of the machine expecting no huge environmental difference.

He'd ended up in a garden full of beautiful greenery and flowers. He took a breath and continued to look around. Behind him was a large stone wall. A castle building perhaps? Robert decided to get a better view, so he ran out to the large gravel path and turned to look. His assumptions were correct. A large castle. Immediately recognising it, Robert gasped.

"I must be home-home!" He whispered to himself with excitement in his tone. He hadn't been here since he'd sold his entire family and moved to Sweden.

I wonder who owns it now?

____________________________

"Excuse me? What are you-"

Robert turned around and saw a man in a black waistcoat with a shocked expression on his face that quickly turned freezing cold.

'Damn, what a hottie, slay! I've come to the right place!' Robert thought.

"This is private property, I must ask you to leave at once." The tall dark and handsome man took a step towards Robert. He stood there stunned at the man's beauty.

"Who are you?" Robert almost whispered to him.

"I am the FIRST footman of this property, Downton Abbey, and now I suggest you take your leave." He said in a heated voice, his patience wearing thin.

"Okay, I will go. But before I do, I just want to know your name." Robert requested.

The man was taken aback. Quirking his eyebrow at the suggestion,

"My name?" He started, "why would you want to know my name?"

'Cause you're the hottest guy I've ever seen?' Robert thought to himself.
"No reason!" He said nonchalantly.