[Chapter 1] Think Of You

Author's Note: Hey guys! Happy Thanksgiving! So @the_infinite_author really wanted me to put this up (so it's dedicated to her because she's super excited for this book and has helped me so much with ideas), so here it is. Plus, it's been more than a month since I finished "Something On The Side". Unfortnately, I don't know when the next update will be (that's why it's {COMING SOON}) - I've been having a really hard time starting this book off (you know, when you know what you want to happen but you just can't put it into words?). So, anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you like it! -rac06h10ael

-Carter's POV-

"Hey, Carter."

I blinked a few times to make sure what I was seeing was really there. Sure enough, it was. Pete Wentz. Standing in Cass's and my living room. A smirk crawled onto his face.

"Bet you didn't expect to see me, did you?" He added with a slight chuckle.

I laughed nervously, "N-No. I wasn't. W-What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean what am I doing here?" He retorted, slipping his hands into the pockets of his skinny jeans, "If I recall correctly, you said something along the lines of 'why don't you come down and pay a visit to you and Cass'." I stared at him in amazement. He almost had it word for word. "So," He motioned to himself, "Here I am."

"Here you are!" I exclaimed, still surprised Pete was really here.

I hadn't even realized that Anthony and Cassidy had left the room until I heard the sound of breaking glass. My attention was drawn over in the direction of the sound and I saw that the two of them were in the bedroom hallway, Anthony standing over Cass as she was kneeling down on the ground, cleaning up the picture frame that had fell off the wall.

"Is everything okay over there?" Pete asked her.

"Yup!" She squeaked, standing up quickly and scrambling into the kitchen where she brushed the pieces of glass out of her palm and into the garbage can. She flashed Pete and me a smile before returning to her boyfriend's side, interlocking her fingers with his and dragging him into the shadows of the hallway, leaving Pete and me alone. I blushed in embarrassment.

Pete and I stood there in silence for a good while before Pete cleared his throat and inquired casually in an attempt to spark a conversation between the two of us, "So, who's the guy? Your gay roommate?"

"Gay roommate?" I repeated, followed by a laugh, "No, that's Cassidy's boyfriend." He raised his eyebrow, still not understanding what I was saying. It was like I was speaking a different language. "Anthony." Still no response. "Anthony Padilla? You know, from Smosh?" He shook his head no. "She didn't tell you?" Another shake of the head. "Oh."

"Yeah, but, that doesn't really matter." He walked up to me and bent down to pick up the keys I dropped, "I didn't come all this way to meet Cass's new boyfriend anyways," He handed the keys over to me and smiled, "I came here to see...you."

I blushed even more than I already was (if that was even possible) and took the keys.

He stood there for a split second before slipping his hand underneath my jaw before leaning in slowly and pressing his lips gently against mine. I melted into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck. All I've wanted since I returned to San Francisco from "The Dinner" was to see Pete again. And here he was. Kissing me. And there I was. Kissing him. But I pulled out of the kiss and hung my head.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, dropping my arms to my sides before crossing them uncomfortably over my chest.

"No, I'm sorry," He apologized, taking a step back from me and scratching behind his neck, "I just thought-"

"No, it's...you thought...right," I said, hanging my head and trying to formulate what I wanted to say into words, "But I just...I don't know if...I can...do this, Pete."

He gave me a confused look, "What do you mean?"

"Well, first off, you're with Meagan," I elucidated, turning away from him and crossing my arms over my chest, "And secondly, you're a new dad. You should be with her." There was third reason too. But I neglected to tell him about it. About the relationship I was sort of in right now. Hell, I hadn't even told Cassidy about it. The only people who knew about it was him and me.

"I know, Carter, but...we really clicked back in Chicago and..." He heaved a sigh, "You know what? I'm just going to say it. Ever since you and Cassidy left, you're all I can think about." I glanced over my shoulder at him. "I wake up every day and think of you. I'm writing lyrics with Patrick and I think of you. I'm making fucking dinner and I think of you. You're all I can think about, Carter."

I turned around to face him and asked, somewhat irrelevantly, "How long are you staying?"

"I told Meagan I would be gone for a week." He walked up to me and took my hands in his. "But I could always call her and tell her I need to stay here another week."

I looked down at our hands and inquired, "Does she know you're here? With me and Cassidy?"

"She knows I'm staying with Patrick's sister..." His cheeks grew a faint shade of pink.

"That doesn't answer my question," I snapped, looking up into his brown eyes. He frowned and shook his head no. I slipped my hands out of his and crossed them over my chest, "Pete."

"How am I supposed to tell her that I came out here to see the girl I've fallen in love with that isn't her?" He practically yelled at me, his face turning red. As for me, my face went pale. The girl I've fallen in love with that isn't her. Did he just really say that he'd fallen in love with me? His face returned to its normal color when he realized what he had just said, "I mean...how...what am I...what I'm trying to say..." He shook his head, flustered, and walked over to our couch, sitting down and putting his head in his hands. "This was a mistake."

"No!" I exclaimed, sitting down beside him and crossing my legs, turning towards him. "No, I'm happy you're here. I just...I wasn't expecting to see you this soon." He looked over at me. I sighed and placed my hand on his thigh, "Ever since I got back, you're all I've been thinking about too. All I wanted was to see you again. And..." I brought my hand up to his cheek and smirked, "...now I have. And I couldn't be happier."

He flashed me one of his famous smiles before leaning in and kissing me again.

-Cassidy's POV-

I was standing by the closed bedroom door, my ear pressed against it as I tried to listen in on Carter and Pete's conversation. Anthony was laying down on our bed, spread out and taking up the whole bed.

"I still can't believe you know Pete Wentz," Anthony muttered, tilting his head up so that he was looking at me. I shifted my eyes over to him. "You know what I can't believe even more? That you're friends with Pete Wentz."

"I thought you knew," I retorted, spinning around so I was facing him. "I mean, my last name is Stumph, for crying out loud. Same as Patrick's, just that he took the 'h' out because he was afraid people would pronounce it wrong."

He threw his hand in my direction, "I didn't even know that!"

I gave him a Are you kidding me? look. "Really, Anthony?"

"Look, we had a sex-only relationship before about six months ago," He tried to defend himself, sitting up. I walked up to him and sat down on his lap so that I was facing him. I draped my arms around his neck. "So I'm sorry that we weren't on more familiar terms."

I rolled my eyes and leaned forward, pressing my forehead against his.

"So what's the bassist of Fall Out Boy doing in your apartment, again?" Anthony questioned, placing his hands on my hips and pulling me closer to him.

"I know as much as you do," I replied, running my fingers through his dark brown hair and smiling. He laughed before crashing his lips into mine.