eight ; solitude is bliss

Movement doesn't flowQuite like it does when I'm aloneI'll be the one who's freeYou and all your friends can watch me, today

Quite like it does when I'm alone
I'll be the one who's free
You and all your friends can watch me, today

Spring had approached at an alarming rate and before Leora could take in that her schooling life was coming to an end, Prom rounded the corner. There was still a month before the dance and wherever Leora would walk at Gotham High School, either a teenage boy or girl were creating some extravagant way to ask someone to the dance.

Leora thought she had seen it all; a classroom full of balloons, multiple flash mobs that made Leora want to turn her head away in embarrassment for the poor girls and boys being asked, someone had even organised with a teacher to show a video to the class of him asking his boyfriend to the dance while standing with his boyfriend's family. Leora thought that was cute, but everyone were getting their dates for the dance and Leora's chances of getting a date we're dwindling by the minute.

So, she decided to focus on her finals instead and spent most of her time in the library, sometimes by herself but most of the time with Jacque. Leora was focusing on a maths assignment, Jacque sitting across from her doing chemistry. The library was silent with only the librarian and a couple other students occupying the area.

Jacque had been awfully quiet. Thoughts ran through Leora's mind and she tried to remember whether she had done something wrong or hurt his feelings in some way. Dick even came to mind and Leora tried to think if her best friend had said something rude to him, despite the snide remarks having stopped soon after Leora befriended the quiet teenager.

Jacque's fingers were drumming at an uneven pace on his textbook while he scribbled away on another notebook. Leora eyed him curiously, especially when he would occasionally scratch his head in thought before continuing on with writing in his textbook.

After some time of him doing the same thing over and over again, Leora finally had enough and dropped her pen and straightened up to look at him. "What's going on?" She asked.

Jacque's eyes glanced up and he began to tap his pen onto the page. "Nothing. Nothing. Chemistry's just stressing me out."

"Need help?" Leora asked and glanced down at his work but Jacque was quick to move his book away from her gaze.

"N-no. I'm fine, really," he quickly said. Leora's gaze went back down to his paper and she quickly noticed how he was scribbling down different chemical equations, something that they had not been learning in Chemistry. "I'm just..." he let out an awkward laugh. "I'm kind of nervous, really."

Leora frowned. "What about? Finals? Because that's well over a month away."

"No, it's not that. I was just, umm..." he reached down to his bag on the floor and pulled out a book with a photo Leora instantly recognised on the cover. There was a photo of Leora and the rest of the 'Young Justice League', (as they called themselves), jumping off a jetty that both Leora and Dick had posted onto Facebook. 'Memories' were written in large, bold letters above it. Jacque passed the album to Leora who stared down at it with a small frown. "I bought this for you and printed some photos out because, yknow, I see you posting on Facebook a lot of you and your friends. I thought you'd like this as well."