Chapter 1: Flash Back To The Harsh Life

(I'm Asian so don't get to surprise about my improper grammar😁)

☁︎Charlotte's POV☁︎
-1998-
"Hey! Wait for me!" I said breathlessly, trying to catch up with Emma and Connor.

"I won! I won!" Emma exclaimed happily, she fist bump the air then high-five Connor. I tried to give my sister a high-five too but I was too late after I reached them.

"Good job Emma!" I said, trying to catch my breath.

"Thanks sissy!" She gave me a hug, i surprised that she didn't gross out because of my fat sweaty body.

"Ehem, Mr. Syn and Ms. Glamton, it's time for supper, please get change and head to the dining room," the butler gave each them a smile then he turned around and glared at me, "And Charlotte, Mr and Mrs. Glamton would like to talk to you."

Uh oh, am I in trouble? I remembered the last time my parents wanted to talk to me, I shivered from the memory, that didn't end well.

I sighed while walking down the endless hallways, "she's not our daughter, we need to do something to her."

I heard a voice from the door creek at the end of the hall. I creeped down to the door and took a peak, my breath hitched in my throat. My parents, they are talking about me, I know eavesdrop is not the right thing but curious took over and I stand there, listened to them.

"We should kick her out of the house, she doesn't belong here," my dad said.

"That would be a load of money for the paparazzi to talk about, she has our last name and our DNA? And they all remembered I was pregnant with twin," mom sighed.

They both silent for a moment then suddenly, dad look up from his thick eyelashes, " we should send her to my mom, she's an old lady, she can't take care of herself so that pig should be useful there. And we can change her last name and tell the society that she's missing."

"That's a genius idea, plus we never take her to any event so they doesn't know anything about her," she hugged dad.

"And the ugly rock will be out of our path," dad whispered.

I was fighting so hard to hold my tears in, I knew it! They hated me, I don't belong here. I saw mom walked over to the door, I pretended to clean the floor.

"Hey you, come here, I need to talk to you," she spat.

I already knew what she gonna tell me, she gonna said I need to helped grandma and it's the better opportunity blah blah.

After 'the talk' I finally get to go to my room and ate the left over. My belly was far from full, it's growled like a hungry wolf but I didn't care, I need to packed tonight, I'll leave tomorrow morning.

I'll miss Emma and Connor a lot, I know my parents hated me but Emma doesn't, she took care of me like I'm truly her twin, not some ugly fat pig. And Connor, he's nice to me but I can still saw the disgust in his eyes whenever I stood too close to him or whenever Emma is not around and I tried to make conversation with him.

I don't really care, I have never known what is love, i have never experienced anything like love before. I keep on rambling until I felt asleep on my old hard rusty bed.

"Good bye Char, I'll miss you, I'll try to call you ok?" Emma gave me a long hug and kissed my forehead.

"Bye Charlotte, take care," Connor said without looking at me.

I bid them good bye as the butler ushered them inside, it's winter and my thin coat is not warm enough, i held it closer to my body as we scrolled slowly down the road.

I sat silently as the driver drove us toward New York, the city of luxurious and skyscrapers. I keep starring at the street with curious eyes, I saw a cab honking loudly as a man, I saw someone dumped water on a cat, I saw a girl stepped on her own toe, I giggle at that.

The car pulled to a stop in front of this huge complex apartment. The driver throw my stuff on the sidewalk and drove away. Starring at the huge building, I don't know where to go, then I remembered, they gave me something before I left.

I looked at the crumble piece of paper in my hand 'apt 255' I look to my left, there's a sign, it said '225-255 '.I took that hallway and it lead to an old wooden door, it read 'Mrs. Anderson' I took a deep breath and knocked.

Thank u for reading😘! Pls DO point out if there're any mistakes, I'll fix it ASAP. PLS don't mine my improper grammar, and if anyone out there is interesting in being an editor, pls contact me through this email
Tinihilar@hotmail.com
Follow me on Instagram
Theendofrainbow
Thank u!