Chapter 1

Beep Beep, the sound I always hear in my dreams...... Beep Beep, the sound I hear whenever I'm awake...... Beep Beep, the sound that I will always hear when I'm near death..........................

Nitia POV

I woked up in my cold dark dream, it always appeared the same to me, that same old dream I have every single day. It also appears day and night when I'm asleep.

My head was throbbing and it was getting a little dizzy just by thinking of my unordinary dream. I had to get out of my cold steel twin bed, but when my feet touched the cold floor I had to look at my dark skinned hand since they were shaking horrfically.

I walked steadily and quietly so nobody wouldn't have to hear my foot steps through my wobbly legs. My wobbly legs began to walked slowly through the long hallway........ ''Why do I feel so prisoned inside, if only someone would help save me from my poor despair''.

But who am I to blame, this is my own fault and now I'm part of the death list and the 'Uglies' are within in me. I don't know if it's my time to escape the death list but all I know is that I need something to heat myself so wouldn't freeze myself to death in this cold isolated place.

So I decided to go down basement, but I always wonder why would the basement be more comfortable than upstairs. I looked at the clock realizing it's only 10:30 pm, which is my queue to leave the house. Even though I know I can't leave the house but these are one of those time when something is urgent. I found a window at the back of the wall in the basement and I hurried to the window, so I can open it and leave as soon as possible.

If you didn't notice my name is Nitia, but I always had an dark past that I don't usually talk about other than Hera, anyway the streets were empty and I walked up to the sidewalk. I had to go see my friend Hera either so I know she is throwing a house party since her parents are away in a business trips.

Before I even talk about that, I didn't even notice I had made it directly to Hera house and "wow" I whispered, these teenagers are just so wasted, I mean I'm the type of teenager that stays at home but the only time I would go to a house party if it only had anything particular to do with my problems or Hera's. I entered in Hera's house, nothing but slobbing girls all over the place trying to have sex with any boy they see and I really need to go find Hera. As I walked across the living room, for split second it felt like somebody cold eyes were fixed at the back of my head.

My heart was suddenly beating faster, faster, f-fa-faster. I turned my head around and I see a young handsome guy that seems to looks about 2 years older than me since I'm only 16 years-old. The guy that was looking at me had dirty blond hair and icy blue eye with a mix of tan and pale skin.

"U-Um may I h-help y-yo-you" I said with a stuttered.

"No, I don't need any help but aren't you part of the-" he said but stopped himself from what he was saying.

"Wait-" I stopped myself too because he just soon vanished quickly in a blink of an eye but I did had an odd feeling that I saw electricty, maybe it's just my imagination since I am an ''Uglies'' after all.

But whatever I just saw, I will just have to forget about it. I started to walk upstairs to go to Hera's bedroom. Soon after I did found Hera bedroom it felt weird seeing Hera's door room closed because she usually have her door open alot.

I then slowly turned the door knob and there I see Hera in her unusual Uglies stage, she was just staring blankly at her blue wall. I guess its time for me to get her out of her Uglies stage just by using my index finger to her brown forehead. Suddenly I saw all of Hera recent memories which was confusing and strange, then I released my index finger away from her forehead and she automatically gasped.

"Hera are you okay?" I asked in a worried tone.

"Y-Yeah I think I need to rest a little bit, that's all" Hera said in a low voice.

"Hera this is the main reason why I can't leave you alone in your room" I said playfully.

"Yeah I guess your ri-, HEY what's that suppose to mean" Hera said while laughing quietly.

"Nothing but Hera why are you now in your Uglies stage for the past few weeks because I thought it stopped 10 years ago."

" Natia" she sighed my name

"Yeah what is it Hera" I asked

"Natia I thought it did ended 10 years ago too but"

"But what Hera you can't keep me hanging about this I need to know if I can help you from it'' I said

I really want to help Hera because I'm the only one that know how to be in these type of situation and if she's really in the Uglies stage again then something is up which can only mean that the ''Death List '' have something to with it.

"If your thinking the Death list have something to do with the Uglies stage, well they don't"

"Then who have something to with it Hera I'm really anxious to know about this"

"Look Nitia the only reason why I'm in my Uglies stage now because their coming" Hera said in a serious tone.

"Whose coming" I said a little scared.

"Nitia I'll tell you in school it's just that it is not safe to say in my house because they might hear" she said

"Okay but there is something I have to tell you" I said while I got off the floor and closed Hera door shut and locked it.

Vote and Comment Please❤