Chapter 22

SETH

This was crazy. I didn't know what's gotten into me, that I asked Angel to go out with me.

I was losing myself. Was this the kind of 'making-up' expected? It's true that we're gonna pay less if we would do things as a couple, but no matter how large I was going to pay, without the pretend I can afford it anyway, so what's the fuss?

Great, Seth! Now you're panicking for the woman beside you. She's not even your type! You hated her at first. Take note: hated.

I've been holding her hand ever since we left the hotel. It felt comfortable walking beside her like this. We had several sharing of interests that I never thought we would really have. This girl loves Quentin Tarantino's films, so she passed the initiation.

It's very light being around her. It's like I want to pause the time in this specific day. What was this that's happening to me? Sh!t! Man-up, Seth!

"Seth!" She called out.
"Hmm?" I looked at her with a very light gaze: eyes-happy, cheeks-puffing and her reaction seemed that I beguiled her. Well, I've never been so light with her like this.
"I-I-aaa—" I laughed.

"Seth!" She said with a pleading tone.

I looked at her quite differently, it's like there's some mystery beneath her eyes. My lips parted as I was trying to say something. Her beauty was very natural despite that sh!tty retainers, her contact lenses are covering her wonderful green eyes. 

I wanted to say-- You're amazing, but I shut it and kept it hidden. I just gave in a sincere smile. I can't say it. I was still confused.

"Hey!" She snapped me back again.

"What?"

"I have no swimwear." She combatted. 

"Let's buy one."

"I owe you something again. I hate being in debt." I huffed at her expression.

"Well, you can always pay me back in different terms" instead of rubbing the details in to me she just headed with me to the store.

I chose a surfing shorts instead of trunks—I was really not comfortable wearing one. Angel was having her time choosing from the different designs and styles of swimwear. She had four in her hands to be fitted. 

I never expected her to wear something sexy, but I thought a one-piece bathing suit would fit her very well. She displayed her head out of the room with super red face.

"Psst!!" She called,

"Okay then, show me." I demanded.

"I-I don't know if I can do this." She blushed.

"Never swam before?" I kidded.

"Y-yep...not even in school."

"Poor child. Just come out" I can see rejection in her eyes.

I decided to jokingly pull the door to make her come out. I grabbed her arm and gently forced her to come out. 

"Seth! No, please!" She screamed as the people looked at us.

Sh!t! This was too much public attention. Were they thinking I was abusing her? Awww...what a cute couple. I heard one of the shopper whispered to her companion. I won the battle.

What the fvck?! She's in a 3/4 sleeved and shorts type, black one-piece. I didn't get it. I don't get her.

"What the hell, are you shying about that?" I paused and whispered "My hormones doesn't even gave a single twinge about your look." Showing off my meanest look.

"Grrr...I hate you!" she exclaimed and I just rolled my eyes. My fingers pulled off the tag away from her suit and bought whatever it was we chose.

We went through all the briefing and orientation already. I sought excitement on her face. She's really happy about this. Well, this was the first time for the both of us.

The OICs placed my head in a big fish bowl-- the one similar to the astronauts. Once, we reached the bosom of the sea. We dipped in and woah! 

I was still holding her hand and together we toured the sea. The coral reefs were just so perfect with the colourful fishes swimming with us. I was totally not a fan of marine wonders, but this one nailed it perfectly.

After several long minutes, we went back to base. Angel and I both dressed up in the comfort rooms.

"How was it?"

"It was amazing! I will really treasure this!" She smiled and added,

 "Thank you" 

With full of promise in her eyes. I never felt so much appreciated like this. She's so simple and kind that she pricked a part of me that I was not able to notice before.

Her stomach grunted. I gave in a laugh after that hilarious sound,
"You're so mean, Seth!" she complained. 

Our eyes locked searching their way to reach each other, but our meaningful gaze ended up with a genuine laughter. It's good to have her here.