Family

'Lola!' 'Where's my Lola!'

That was all Otis could hear in the distance, his best friend Eric racing in the front door of the trailer with the biggest smile he'd ever seen him bare, his smile sparkling almost as much as the purple sequined jacket he was wearing. Trailing two steps behind him was Adam, laden with bags and boxes of toys, clothes and tutus. 

'Oi move it Otis I ain't here to see you, I'm here for my little LOLA!' he screamed in excitement as the toddling young girl emerged from her bedroom with her mum Maeve following her.

'Uncle Eric and Uncle Adam! I missed you!' the young girl cried as she enveloped Erics kneecaps in a tight hug.

'Eric how many times! You bring her enough presents to fill up this whole trailer park.' Maeve scorned but with a smile on her face, bustling past him to help Adam through the door.

'Well its not often I get to buy kids stuff, and anyways, I had to get her some souvenirs from our travels ain't that right babydoll?!' picking Lola up and swinging her in the air playfully.

'Christ Eric I don't know where you get your energy from.' Otis mumbled from the kitchen, busy preparing tea and cake.

'Oh lighten up fam, I'm still young and dumb whilst you're playing daddy and working the same job your mum does.' he remarked with a cheeky grin on his face whilst Otis gave him a smirk and a light shove to the shoulder.

'Here, let me take a photo- one for our album, eh Eric?' Adam said, pulling out his polaroid camera, 'Ending the photo album of our travels with a trip to see our favourite people.'

And so with that he took the shot, the youngster standing between the three adults, all with big grins plastered on their faces. An unconventional family, some might say, but one full of love.