Nowhere Man ' The Tale of Jack Morin Chapter 1

*Description of Story- "Jack  Morin, a self loathing slum bag. Booze till morning to night, screwing, eating, and sleeping was all he did. He had a reason though, to mask the hideous secret he had deep inside that he wanted forever hidden. But sometimes thing's don't work out as planned, instead you get a cup overflowing with horror and demise."

I wasn't planning on going anywhere for Christmas, I planned on staying in my cheap ass motel with my buddy Jim Bean. I planned on getting so fucked up that I wouldn't remember that it was Christmas, or how much money I spent on the hooker down the street. She was from the Philippians and a beaut she was, she was the only real girl that could make me feel better; that gave me a reason to not pull the trigger. Not that it mattered I was coward anyhow the piece of stolen shit wasn't even loaded. She helped me in many ways, not just sexually but emotionally to. She helped me deal with my fucked up mind, we would sit there for hours just sniffing coke, tripping on acid and taking shots of Jimmy.Talking long and hard about life, but I knew deep down that it was all fake, that she was in it for the money...but still can't say I tried.

I guess all that changed when I got a call from my brother, who I haven't heard from in 11 years. He told me mom was going to die soon from her cancer, that she didn't have enough time but she had just enough to make it past Christmas. And that she wanted this Christmas to be and I quote " a memorable and happy one" I laughed at my brother because there was no such thing as a happy Christmas there was never a happy Christmas not since I was a little boy.

I told him he had that stick up his ass to far and that mom was just hallucinating from the cancer, It was the liquor talking. I gave in though after a long talk on the phone, told em id be in before midnight just in time to make it to the turkey supper...

I remember now! That same day since I woke up the strangest shit was happening, every mirror in the hotel was cracked right where my face came level with the mirror. I noticed outside that the animals and birds weren't chirping or barking but instead they seemed to stare at me through my dingy hotel window... I counted 56 birds, 8 cats and 10 dogs and that odd squirrel. They had their damn heads turned my way with there little beady black eyes just starring...It was the liquor taking affect I bet. I wont name all that weird shit but it was weird, like that weird monster movie paranormal shit. Stuff that doesn't happen in reality.

So anyways there I am getting in my car driving through the small town I was staying in, whistling a tune. Trying to get into the chrsitmas spirit, and I noticed that no one was out, I didnt see a goddamn single person the whole time I drove out of that little town. Just a bunch of dogs sitting on the side starring at me as I passed, and the damn crows that kept flying over my car, one of the fuckers shit on my car too!

I decided to take route 154 and by then it was mid morning and it was cloudy as fuck, not one ray of sunshine was out. It was colder then a witches tit, maybe around -35 out. The clouds were so thick and low it looked like a giant cloud of smoke that was lowering itself slowly down. It creeped out I ain't gonna lie, especially sine I had a good 10 hours till I hit the next town.

So there I am driving along the mass of highway that stretched on for what seem liked an infinity, white covered everything from the fluffy snow and already I could make out tendrils of fog coming down from the mountains to my right.I remembered then that I had an extra bottle of Jimmy Bean in the back of my car, so I pushed my seat up to the steering wheel and drove in the center, making sure first that no damn cows were in the middle of the road or cars were coming. Once the coast was clear I reached in the back and steered and steered the car with my leg, it took me awhile but I finally found it. Old Jim smiled up at me from the label daring me to drink em, I knew it couldn't hurt after all I had a long drive ahead of me.

Right about when I was going to open the bottle, I felt the hairs on the back of my neck rise slowly that it gave me goosebumps down my spine and out my arms. Now I don't know what death feels like or the devil's touch but right about then I swear that's what I felt, the touch of death starring at me right at my back. You see now this is when I did the most stupidest shit ever, I looked up from the steering wheel with beady eyes searching for anything, like a guy in a black coat with long bony hands and a giant knife beckoning for me to come to him. Christ I felt like a little kid about to piss his pants, I was that scared. But instead the biggest blackest meanest hound was on the middle of the road, running straight at my car. His hair was so black that I bet you some hunter could see him from miles away. Especially since he showed so well from the white of the snow. I swear as I swerved to the left at 175 miles an hour, that damn dog- that... dog he grinned at me. A real life death grin showing off his big ugly white teeth and black gums.