The Hybrid Bite

Summary: Remember when Tyler bit Caroline? What if Tyler had never left Caroline, no matter how much she yelled and pleaded for him to? What if he had gone to Damon's to get Klaus' blood for the cure, knowing that there was still blood left over from when Damon had nearly died by Tyler's bite, when he had been phased a werewolf and had bitten Damon? Will Tyler get her the blood in time to save her life, or will she die? Read to find out.

It was a dark night, as Tyler Lockwood and Caroline Forbes stood in the deepest of the woods, kissing.

Suddenly, without even wanting to, he accidentally bit Caroline. He stopped and stepped back, hand over his mouth.

"Oh, no," he said.

"What happened? Did you just...bite me?" she said, raising her voice.

"Caroline, I'm sorry," he apologized.

She stumbled back, the bite taking effect. Because of the bite, and without Klaus' blood, she would die.

"Get away from me!" she yelled.

"Caroline..." he tried.

"Tyler, please, just get away from me. Don't come near me," she said, trying to be nicer, knowing yelling wouldn't work, and that she wouldn't be able to yell much longer.

He stood there, not leaving. He just stood there and watched as it took effect, being in his own horror state. Klaus had now put Caroline into the mess, and that just didn't fly with him. He didn't want to hurt anyone. Especially, not Caroline. She was his love, and he was hers. They were in love, and he didn't want to lose her.

She suddenly felt really weak and fell, but Tyler, at hybrid speed, was beside her and caught her from hitting the ground. Then he picked her up in his arms, heading for the Salvatore mansion. As he did, she rested her head on his shoulder, arms around his neck weakly.

"Tyler..." she said weakly and softly.

"I'm so sorry, Caroline. Hang in there. Please, just hang in there for me," he told her.

She closed her eyes, feeling sleepy.

A few minutes later, he came in and layed her down on the couch.

"What happened?" Damon asked, standing by his drinking table.

"I bit her. It was an accident. Klaus. He told me to and I told him no, but it happened anyway. Please. Damon, I need the rest of whatever you have of Klaus' blood from last time."

"It's in the freezer where the rest of the blood is. It's in a tube bottle," he replied.

Tyler got it from the freezer and then gently lifted her head and uncapped the tube, putting it to her lips.

"Come on, Caroline. Drink."

And she did.

An hour later, she was fine.