Introduction

In the US people hide. They hide behind facades and the shiny and glossy props the world has to offer their play. The fancier the props the better the facade, the better the facade, the better chance the person has to succeed. Now these aren't your usual props for plays, this also isn't your usual play you'd pay to go see. When I say succeed, I don't mean getting paid huge sums of money, and becoming a well-known writer, actor, or director or anything like that. I'll explain...

The name of this so-called play is life. And these... These props? They're just things that money can buy: material things. The more money you have, the more props you can buy. And remember when I mentioned success earlier? Well I lied when I did you wouldn't become well-known. You'll be well-known alright! You'd become well-known for being fake, or a goodie-two-shoes, maybe even the person everyone wishes they could be. But for all the wrong reason! People will see the facades you put up. Only they think those facades are the real deal... They think your life is lerfect because that's the way you depict yourself in your play. They see the props and they see how well you portray yourself in your play. However, deep down, we all know otherwise; we're just to blind and ignorant to honestly care.

That's the thing about these annoying props; they blind people. They blind the human race from reality and the real things that happen in this world of ours. It blocks them from reality because of money, money, money! However, what about the people in foreign countries that don't have money to waste or props to block them from reality? I mean they have to live in reality! They see stuff and do things that no one should ever have to. In Europe and Haiti they have trafficking. In Africa they have poverty and starvation. In India nine year old girls are forced to marry grown men and have kids. But in the US, we have facades! We don't know the half of what it's like for people in other places around the world! But we (people in the US) could honestly care less. But me... I'm not that person, I have to care! I have to see and think and realize what's going on in the world around me. My life is dedicated to helping people. So why not try to help these people who can barely help themselves?

This story is about a young girl dedicated to helping. But at the moment she can barely help herself, so that is she left with? What does she have to face? I'll tell you... LIFE!