End: light war I

The cathedral was beautiful, The marble walls were war-torn and black from the battles that took place in the claiming of the building. This is where it would all end, Where light would finally be stomped out. Light was filtering in from the stained glass windows, creating beautiful mosaics on the floor, one depicted the lords of light locking away darkness in averion. Another depicted the war that ravaged the earth before averion was sealed.

It would have been peaceful, were it not for the thunderous battle outside.

noise he thought to himself that will be my reward when I finally end light, peace and quiet. He smirked at the thought of winning the war against light once and for all

His black and gold armor gleamed in the sunlight, growing impatient, he drew his sword revealing its beauty, its colors matched the armor, creating a horrifying combonation of color and a demonstration of power. He began to pace the floor, his enemy would show up, the prophecy dictated it so.

Two hundred years ago, a prophecy had been foretold by the lords of light.

There shall come a time when the fates of all the future beings shall rest on the shoulders of two protectors, The gates of Atherion shall rise against Averion, and on the slopes of Averion shall rise a victor. The time shall come when the gates of Atherion open after a millenia.

He could still remember when he first heard the prophecy, it was then when he knew he was destined for glory.

"Hey! Xander!"

He turned to see the protector of light, his armor, White and blue (in much simular fashion to his own) seemed to emit light, his armor gleamed with glory in contrast to his dark brown skin.

"Ah, the protector of light, come to die?"

"you knew my name once"

"Yes... I remember now... Eli, was it? Shall we commence?"

Xander envisioned his sword morphing into a bow, and on his back materialised bronse-tipped arrows while the sword morphed into a bow, he drew an arrow, notched it onto his bow, and fired at Eli. Eli knocked the arrow away, and charged Xander, who attacked with his sword which had just finished morphing back to its original state.
Eli blocked, followed by another attack, Xander smiled, and effortlessly dodged Eli's attacks. Slash after slash, It took Xander no effort to dodge every one of his attacks, This is going to be easy he thought, He slammed into Eli, who fell back, skidding several feet before coming to a stop, he didn't move. Xander strolled up to Eli, who had been lying limp on the ground. Just as Xander readied his sword for a fatal blow, Eli sprung to life, releasing a jolt of light, knocking Xander back so far that he slammed into a wall.

"You have grown in power since we last met, but not in skill" Xander said as he regained his feet.
"You would do well to not get so cocky" Eli muttered.

Xander fell to his knees, bulding up his own energy, and fired at Eli, who fell at the shock of the collision, His armor had not been pierced, but bypassed, blood began trickling thorugh the cracks of Eli's armor. Eli fell on his front, and Xander moved to end it as the skies began to turn black..

"For darkness" he muttered as he thrust his sword towards Eli.

His sword did not make contact with flesh, but Eli's armor began to radiate light. Eli rolled to the side, and quickly regained his feet. Xander had not the time to react as Eli swung his sword which morphed into a club before making impact. The blow had thrown Xander across the room, Xander rolled, getting back up with ease.

"It will take more than that to destroy light" Eli said, in a voice not his own. His club morphed back into a sword.

Eli rolled, and Jabbed his sword through Xander's armor.

The last Xander ever saw was the skies returning to their original color, as Eli walked away, gallantly, his armor radiating more than ever.