1 || Contemplation

Who's that shadow holding me hostage I've been here for days

It felt tight.

Everything did, actually. The ropes that bound him were constraining all movement. At times he felt like he couldn't breathe, but that was probably because he found himself in odd positions every time he woke up from sleeping. Honestly, he couldn't count how many days he'd been held here.

It was dark.

And yet, there was light. Even though he couldn't track the days, he was aware that he wasn't necessarily kept in a dark basement somewhere. Besides, the room was actually fragrant. Then again, he sort of knew what was going on. Sometimes, he found himself wondering why this happened only now. Of course, someone was eventually going to get carried away. It was a no-brainer, really.

A fangirl kidnapped him.

He wasn't being an airhead, but he knew what was happening now was stuff found in fanfictions and daydreams of girls everywhere. The opportunity presented itself and she simply grabbed it. Who wouldn't nowadays?

He didn't complain the first few days (if he assumed correctly). He simply asked for water when he felt parched. When he needed to pee and poo, he just said so and she would guide him to the loo, and he would do his business--eyes still covered.

There were moments when he knew he could escape, but he didn't. Somehow, he found it irresistible to give in to her quiet demands. To give her the fantasy she wanted. There were times when he could hear breathing in the room; she was probably sitting somewhere, staring at him. It made his skin prickle. It made him feel unsettled... in a good way.

Who's this whisper telling me that I'm never gonna get away

"I'm sorry," she had said so softly once, she made it hard for him to actually recognize her voice. "I know you understand."

And he did. She combed his hair, with a brush and at times, her soft fingers. He could feel her tremble, and it gave him a clandestine rush. She was afraid--not because she was in big trouble (he was pretty certain about this), but because she was terrified of him. Wasn't it hilarious that she was more afraid of him instead of the other way around?

When he started to stink, that's when he started to ask her about freedom. He was starting to feel drained as well. Besides, he wanted to see something other than his wet hands or his limp manhood.

When she thought he was sleeping, he could feel her watching him again. And he would sense it in the strangest way--she would be crying. Out of relief that he was there, or she was probably terrified he was right in front of her, and so many other reasons he didn't want to think about.

Having grown up being told to love women unconditionally, he couldn't help himself but worry. Before he could gather the courage to ask her what was wrong (can he help?), she would quietly withdraw from the room and then the door would close.

I know they'll be coming to find me soon

Bloody hell. He just remembered he had to go to the studio after the weekend. What was Liam going to say? Mister Goody Two Shoes hated it when anyone was late. He would no doubt talk his ear off about responsibilities and whatever. He cringed then, feeling all sorts of guilty knowing that his mates were probably worried. And what about his mum? He knew she wouldn't be able to sleep if she didn't get a text from him at least every other night.

And what about her? What was going to happen to her if they've called the police or something? Even if this wasn't the most wonderful situation in the world, he didn't want her to go to prison.