Adopted by the Martells

Georgia's POV:
My father had just returned home after being away for two weeks being hosted by our liege lord when it happened. Normally when he returns he greets me straight away but this time he walked straight past me and refused to speak or even look at me. He did forbade me from coming to the feast and he didn't come to wish me goodnight. My mother told me she would speak to him but the next morning she too had turned against me and refused to speak or look at me. For the next few days I had no idea what I had done wrong, my parents turned violent and began to hit me.

I am only six name days old and I was locked away in the nursery being punished for an unknown crime I didn't mean to commit. Finally my mother came to me "pack your things, you have two hours to get out and you no longer have a name Bastard!" she told me coldly. I nodded frighten of her. As soon as she had left I quickly started to pack. I didn't own too much so it didn't take long. Before the two hours were up I had packed, grabbed my favourite toy, been given food and a purse of money by the cook and was waiting by the gate hoping my parents would change their minds. But they didn't, once the time was up the guards looked at me sadly and helped me into the servants' wagon which would take me to the nearest port. I heard one guard say they were sorry before the wagon started to move.

It didn't take long to get to the port. The driver helped me out and helped me to take my belongings off the wagon. "I'm sorry this happened to you" he said, "take these, they should help you" he continued as he pressed a small bag of money into my hands. "I don't know how to thank you" I replied. "you don't have to, just don't forget those who have helped you" he replied. I nodded.

Two days later I was alone and always hiding from people. I had used my money to buy food and I had tried to gain passage on a boat to somewhere else but no one would give it to me. People had been horrible and I was scared that they would beat me again. I was laying down holding my bag to my chest and crying from fear, pain and hunger which had now set in. I was trying to save money and no one would help me. Being six name days and alone in the world was a scary thing.

Suddenly I heard someone stop and look down at my hiding spot. A man crouched down next to me. He was Dornish and had a kind looking face. "Hello there, little one, what are you doing out here alone?" he asked. "I was kicked out of home and I have no where to go" I told him. "I am Prince Oberyn of Dorne, how would you like to come with me back to my home where I can care for you. I have six daughters at home who would love to meet you and get a new little sister" he said. I nodded at his offer, he was a prince I couldn't say no. He gently picked me up into his arms before leaning down and grabbing my bag. "Tell me what's your name little one? How old are you?" he asked

"I don't have a name, it got taken from me and I'm six name days" I answered. I felt warm and safe in his arms, he was gentle and kind. "We will have to pick out a new name for you then but first I will have to introduce you to my love, Ellaria. She will be your new mama" he told me. "Really? Does that mean you'll be my new papa?" I asked. He smiled "yes I will be your new papa" he answered.

It didn't take long to get to his ship, as soon as Oberyn stepped onto the ship a beautiful woman came over to us. "Who is this?" she asked. "You're pretty" I said before Oberyn could answer her. She smiled, "thank you little one, I am Ellaria" she said. Oberyn explained my story to her and how he had found me. "My poor little one, we will definitely have to find you a new name, come my little one I have some books in my cabin which may help us to find you a new name" she said as she took me from Oberyn. Oberyn smiled and went to talk to the captain. It didn't take long for me to pick out a new name. I decided on Meria Elaena after the Dornish warrior princess and the Targaryen princess. Oberyn and Ellaria were happy that I had found my new name and they both said I could call them mama and papa. Later that night they tucked me into bed and said goodnight to me promising me that they would be there in the morning when I woke.