Angels Do Fall

Angels Do Fall

~seikiunne11

Angels do fall. They fall from the heavens and fall to someone who is really in need. But since they are angels they do not belong to the mortal world, and when the time comes angels do have to leave. But that doesn't mean they will forget.

Because angels do fall in love.

~

I was hopeless, helpless, and on the verge of giving up. I was alone. No one loved me. No one cared for me. No one even bothered to notice my existence. I was nobody. A waste of space, a waste of air, a waste of life.

I had been neglected all my life. I was disowned, thrown out, rejected, and by all means unloved and hated. What have I done to deserve such cruelty, so much hate that goes beyond my understanding. I had never harmed anyone, nor even hated anyone.

I simply wanted to live life. And I had prayed for all my life to be able to know love.

What is love? Something that cannot be seen, but can be felt. Could it be like the warmth from the sun that burns me now as I stand here. Or could it be the seeping cold that envelops me as I lay on the cold streets at night as I sleep. That I'd never know. Love is something really unknown.

I lay freezing to my toes, it was my fourth failed night of finding shelter, or any kind of help. And I was nearing surrender. I felt myself slowly numbing from cold and hunger. My feet had started to become purply, so did my palms, for I had no shoes nor gloves on them. My head was as heavy as a block, and my body ached everywhere.

And yet ironically, all this cold was making me feel numb. So it just evens out all negative feelings, I guess I could say, hallucinatingly, that I'm ok! What a stupid thought. Sleepiness now overwhelms me. My nostrils are filled with pine and ice.

My eyelids slowly droop, and they shut, and then slowly...

I was in nothingness.

I wake up to the strange smell of coffee, then the sound of my stomach in shameful growling. I haven't had a decent meal lately, can't remember the last. So if this was a dream, I'd rather not wake from it.

The mere aroma of those roasted coffee beans, was enough to fill me for the day. It wasn't just the coffee that was strange that morning.

One thing was, I didn't feel the prickling heat of the sun on my skin, it was just a warm caress upon my arms.

Another thing, I didn't feel the hard and cold metal beneath me, the park bench that had been my cuddling refuge for the nights that I had been homeless. Now I felt smooth, soft, and feathery stuff beneath me.

Am I in a bed? Or had I gone straight to heaven in an overnight?

Gah!

I sprang up and realized I was in a decent room, someplace totally unknown. I didn't know how to react. Should I scream for help? Why would I do that when it seems that someone did help me last night. Should I call out for anyone at home and ask where I am?

Uhhh, well, I feel the tugs of shame, so I'd rather sneak around the house and see who owned it. Then, like a really bad hungry wolf, I sniffed, and sniffed, and sniffed so hard. I was smelling food! Damn I was hungry as the dead! I stood from the bed, looked down and checked myself.

Hey, I was clean!

I didn't smell or feel like crappy shit anymore! And I was wearing utterly loose clothing, an oversized white shirt and very very long jammies. I rolled the pant cuffs before I started to walk, or else I'd be rolling and crawling on the floor everytime I stumble.