2 January 2018

I look at the millions of pictures that fills my wall. Science, ideas, but mostly Glaciers, they have fasinated me for many years.

A few more months of research before I go on the expedidion.

There is a chemical I need to find, it could change the world forever. I grab my laptop and search for flights to Antartica, the place where I would most likley find the type of glacier needed. I research plenty of sites about the climate, warnings and whether forecast. Beep Beep Beep Beep, my phone rings.

"Joe Hello," I say.

"Dave, you can't come with your wife won't be happy."

"Haha, allright I will meat you there in fifteen minutes."

I meet Dave, my best friend at The Lizard Cafe, he is easy to spot, wearing a red floral printed shirt and his straw holiday hat.  

"Hey Buddy", he greets me with a hand shake.  After we place our order Dave pulls out a news article.

"Joey mate, you got to get there as soon as you can, it is the perfect time to go research compound x," he smiled.

"I know Dave, I was looking at flights before our phone call, but don't you reckon I should wait another three months?"

"Three months, don't be crazy don't worry I already made plans for you," he grinned.  

My eyes enlarged as Dave pulled out paper work with a holiday brochure on top to cover all the other documents. 

The counter attendant came by "late?"

"Here", I said and "Cappachino for you sir" she placed  it infront of Dave.

She looked at the scattered paperwork and then smiled. "Antartica intersting I'm flying there tonight."

"O, well my friend Joe is on the same flight," Dave said. She smiled at me.

"Are you going there for a holiday?" I asked.

"O no I'm a glacier swimmer." I could feel Dave's eyes on me through his sunnies.

"Ok well I will see you tonight I guess, and your name?"

"Chimone', sorry for interupting," she said before she was needed back in the kitchen. 

She looked over her shoulder and her smile was bright, her teeth was very white, perhaps it was the contrast of her red lipstick.

"There you go mate, a glacier swimmer to help you out ha" Dave was more excited than I was, he had this way of getting me into strange situations. 

"Dave, you know I can't really tell her right?"

"Tell her a little white lie, it will all work out allright, just find the compound so we can do some more tests."

I took a sip of my coffee. "Man I'm going to miss the warm weather." 

"I will send you plenty of photos of me drinking cocktails while you shiver up there."

"Thanks Dave, that's great." 

"Did you remember my data chip?" I asked.

"Sure have," he loosend one of the chains around his neck and put it into the envlope.

"Keep it around your neck, gauranteed signal even in Antartica."

"Man how long did this gadget take you?"

"Only four months, so you better keep it safe hey buddy," Dave said.

I tilted my head to the side and gave him a nod. 

"Goodbye, bud I will certainly miss our pool nights." Dave said.

"O old fellow, I will miss you too." I said as our hands locked into a arm wrestle handshake.

"Have a good flight buddy, and keep me posted on your Glacier swims" Dave teased as I walk to my apartment.