The Kitchen

Chapter One

Bang. Bang. Bang. The rain tapped on my window.

"So what do you want to watch?" I asked Anna. She kept on searching the T.V. for a movie.

"I don't know. Here," She handed me the remote. I took it and looked through the horror selection.

"Oh, what about NightMare On Elm Street?" I asked. Anna stared at me.

"Yeah watch that movie on Friday the 13th. We should watch like the Notebook or Sleeping Beauty," She chuckled. I rolled my eyes at her and repositioned my legs on the bed.

"Yeah ok. Freddy it is," I said as I clicked on it.

We went under the covers in the queen sized bed. Thank god my mom isn't home tonight. She has to work 24/7 anyways.

Just then I knew we were missing something. "I'm gonna go grab some popcorn. Ok?" I asked.

"Uh huh, go ahead," She pointed to the door, kicking me out of my own room. When I walked passed her, I slapped her upside the head but she threw her iPod at my hip.

"OW!" I screamed and laughed my way down the stairs. I started humming the song Classic while I got the bag of popcorn from the cupboard. I popped it in the microwave oven for 2 minutes.

Beep. Beep. The sound echoed through the house.

"GET IT BEFORE IT BURNS, DANIELLE!" Anna shouted at me from upstairs. I shook my head and grabbed the bag. I turned around and noticed that my back door is open.

"What the hell," I whispered to myself. Slowly I creep towards the door. I quickly shut the door and locked it. Then ran upstairs.

"Anna did you leave the door unlocked and opened when you came?" my voice is shaky.

"No, why?" She asked. I walked to my bedside and blocked the T.V. view from her.

"It was open. It was freaking open!" I said in a loud whisper. "Did you lock it after you shut it?"

"Yea... like always. What... how?" She shook her head and motioned me to shut the door, which I did and sat next to her.

"Where's my phone?"

"The last time I saw you have it in your hands was... downstairs," She said frighteningly.

"Do you have yours?"

"Um let me check," She checked all her pockets and her purse. "No, I don't."

Oh my god. "Anna, someone is in this house. Like right now. We need to get out," I said silently. "Right now."

Anna's face is scared, worried. "O...ok. How? That person might be downstairs!" She followed my whisper level and pointed downwards which led to the kitchen.

"Ok here's the plan. We both go downstairs, we stay back-to-back so we don't lose each other. Then all we need to do is just unlock the back door. Take this and I'll take this," I gave her a knife I took from the kitchen when I grabbed the popcorn. I was supposed to cut the bag with it. "It's a butter knife, but it's fine," then walked over to my drawer and opened it to a gun. "I got this when my dad took me hunting back years ago." I told her so she doesn't freak out.

Anna stood up and kept her back glued to mine.

"You ready?" I asked her. She nodded and gulped. I can hear our heart beats race each other. "Let's go."