Wolf In Disguise : Never Forgotten #2

Sal for her part was having a wonderful time, frolicking in the woods and running around with her new paramour by her side. There was nothing that she liked more than feeling the wind in her hair or fur as the case may be, but feeling that growing life inside her was becoming a love that she didn’t even know existed.

That first night, they hunted together and she found the taste of animal blood in her mouth so intoxicating that she became a feral beast in her own right. Tearing into the flesh and letting it nourish her body and the body of the baby inside of her was a bit of a shock. She didn’t know that this was what he did, but she should’ve realized that running into the forest was not just for freedom alone.

They had looked at each other from time to time and it was in their mannerisms that they realized that they could talk without speaking words. All they had to do was nod their head or send a signal and both of them would know instinctively what the other was thinking. They were connected with his blood running through her veins and Josh felt a little bit guilty for letting her convince him to change her, but the die had already been cast. There was no going back and seeing that she was carrying his child, he really didn’t want to.

At the end of the night, they returned home and crawled into the bed together, this time as wolves and then changing back to human form and looking at each other naked and vulnerable for the first time. “I hope you know that I still have my reservations about this, but I am just too damn exhausted to get into an argument over it.” He felt like somebody had run him over with a truck. There was no denying that this transformation was taxing on both of their bodies and he was worried that something would happen to the baby.

He needn’t have worried; because Sal was doing everything she could to protect the little one, even going so far as to avoid too much strenuous activity. As a wolf, she could let herself go, but with this new life, she had to be aware that anything that she did affected the fetus. “I don’t think I gave you a choice and basically I gave you an ultimatum and you chose wisely. Believe me, I’ve given this a lot of thought and even after the change, I would say that my decision was the right one. After all, there was no way that we could be a true family without living in each other’s world. That was the thing that was missing from this relationship and now that piece of the puzzle has been put into place.” Josh still wasn’t sure and Sal was the only one that he had turned in quite some time.

There were two others, but they were distant memories at best. One was a female, not a lover but someone that had gotten in between a deadly fight between him and another wolf. Instead of letting her die, he felt that he had to do something for her and gave her the healing abilities of his blood to make herself whole again. He had been keeping an eye on her from afar for some time, but she eventually disappeared altogether and he was left with a very sinking feeling that he had done her wrong. It might’ve been more kind to let her die in her own way and he believed that his sin was not hers to carry.

As for the other one, he really didn’t wanna think of him, as they never saw eye to eye from the very beginning. The man was desperate; clinging to a hope that something was out there that could save him from a fate worse than death. He was dying of a disease and it was a slow process, something even the doctors couldn’t understand.

It wasn’t until this man came to his doorstep one day that he found himself faced with a question of conscience. That was 10 years after the woman and that particular mistake was now just a dull ache in his stomach. He tried to tell him and that he shouldn’t do this, unless of course he had all the facts before trying such a thing.

“”Josh…earth to Josh.” He came out of his memory, looking at his bride to be and the ring that was affixed to her finger. She was showing puzzlement and then he noticed that he had gotten lost in his own thoughts. “I know that you carry a lot with you, but I’m now a part of this and I’m here if you want to talk.” Sal could see that something was bothering him, something from a long distant memory that had come creeping back into the forefront. “This is no longer a one way street and we now live as one.” The Josh that she knew last summer was nothing like this man and in that time he had hidden all those things that haunted him.