CHAPTER SIXTEEN

___

It's the day that everyone has awaited. And mostly, me and Klydeur.

We both woke up around 10 AM and I didn't expect the presents we both received.

"Nanny, this is.."

Klydeur and I stared widely at the thing before us.

Jamie and the other maids smiled widely. "Since his highness has turned 6, it is now legal for you two to have a companion." Inside a golden box was a little fox and a baby wolf.

"Aww~" Klydeur and I both cooed at the cute pets before us.

"Klyde likes that wolf!" Before he can reach out to it, Eldest already blocked his hand.

"Remember: They are companions, not a pet," with a grimace, she turned her head to me. "And you two won't be the one to choose."

My forehead creased in confusion. "If not us, then who?"

Eldest jerked her thumb towards the two little companions. "Them."

Klydeur blinked his eyes for a moment

Klydeur blinked his eyes for a moment. "Is that possible?"

Ashley, who's been beside him, can only chuckle. "That's how it works, your highness."

I just stared at the two animals infront of us. They were sniffing us and staring straight in our eyes. The fox stood up and jumped towards Klydeur, and luckily, he managed to catch it.

"He's so cute!" Klydeur squealed, and the maids also squealed at his cuteness. Ashley just grinned at him.

Jamie smiled as she looked at me. "Now the wolf is your companion, your highness."

I looked at the baby wolf and it stared at me. Stretching out my hand, it backed away. "That wolf is quite shy." Eldest commented. I sighed as I stared at the wolf who slowly approached my hand.

"So soft." I commented when the Wolf finally decided to let me touch him. And so, I carried him in my arms and smiled. "He's just like Kuro."

"Happy 6th Birthday your highness!" All the maids greeted in unison.

Klydeur and I both smiled widely. "Thank you!"

"Here's a present for the both of you." Ashley snapped her fingers and there revealed two books infront of us. "It may look like a book, but it is a memory tome."