CHAPTER FOURTEEN

___

What was that?

I slowly opened my eyes, only to see Eldest infront of me. And what's more surprising?

She's not even wounded nor scratched!

I checked myself too and sighed in relief as I saw that I'm still alive. "What—" before I can even ask, another explosion was heard.

Hard wind blew upon us, which made it hard for me to see our surroundings. But I am certain about one thing.

The hallway is now a mess.

"Finally finished." I heard Ashley spoke as I saw her shadow from a distance infront. But then, the sight became clear and there I saw her surprised expression as she stared at me, then to Eldest. "H-how..."

"Haaaa, that made me a bit exhausted." Eldest scratched the back of her head. "If I'm you, I'd put a stop to this nonsense."

Ashley seems lost at words. Before she can even process the scene in her mind, a lightning striked her which made her fall hard on the ground.

I stared at her in horror. She spat out blood as she glared towards us. "Why you..."

Eldest raised her arms. "It's not me." A playful grin has been now plastered in her lips. "Why not ask her majesty yourself?"

Majesty?

Then and there, I saw Aureus standing behind the motionless body of Ashley. Her silver eyes staring at her with a blank expression gives me an off feeling. As if something is not right.

"Why..." Ashley blurted out, only to cough out blood again. With her hand turned into a fist, she struggled so hard to stand up again. "Eldest.. seems to be.. playing with me huh?"

What is she talking about?

I was about to ask when flames suddenly emitted in her palm. She waved it and the flames sliced through the Empress.

I gasped in horror as I stared at Aureus' figure who's completely fading away into ashes. Glancing at Eldest, I gave her a look of disbelief and indenial. The tyrant Empress, killed off in an instant by a fire girl?

That's it!?

"Hey, hey. Calm down." Eldest flicked my forehead which made me focus on the scene. "That isn't the real Empress. It's a clone I made."

A clone?

"This is a bit tiring now isn't it, Eldest?" Ashley asked as soon as she regained her balance in standing up straight. Her red and orange eyes glanced at me. "Don't worry, your highness. I have no intention of doing any harm at all...yet." With a grin, she dissapeared as gust of ashes flew around her.

What a cliche line that was.

But now I noticed, that girl can also teleport like Aureus and Eldest. Will there be a time that I can teleport by myself too? I hope so.

I heard Eldest clicked her tongue which made me snap back to reality. "That girl is hiding something."

"Hiding what?" I asked, confused. I don't even know what's happening anymore.