chapter two // i'm sorry what?

wensten

" glad you guys can make it to class Mr. Andrepont and Mr. Dontell...", our teacher said.

" I apologize Mrs. Minner, we were talking care of an emergency.", I apologized.

" Well, your tardy is not excused. Now class get with your partner and do numbers 12-30 for the rest of hour, the ones you don't finish, you do for homework.", she calls, the room splits into groups of two.

I shouldn't have done that. I created too much attention to the situation and I scared Nadine. I was being inconsiderate.

I realized how hard I slammed that idiot against the locker, the bang was loud and she was too close. Her head must be pounding.

I grunted in anger.

Je n'aime pas ce putain d'idiot.

I slowly started working on the questions.

" what did you get for number 16?", he asked.

" uh..", I'm still on number 14, how did he get so far?

" are you okay?", he asked.

I looked up from my paper.

His brown eyes glistened in the afternoon sun. His face showed of sincere concern.

I cleared my throat. " I'm fine..", I muttered.

" is it Nadine? She's fine now.", he assured.

" I know my sister. She did exactly what she was supposed to do. It's-", I put my pencil on the table. " I didn't want anyone seeing me like that, especially you."

It's true. I didn't want anyone thinking I'm this violent person everyone witnessed today. But why should I question if he saw me any different? I've known Marcus since our freshman year.

He still has those glistening brown eyes and a smile that could make any heart skip a beat.

" shut up, you sound so cheesy..", he chuckled, I leaned back on my chair. " Wes, you did what you had to to protect your sister, there's nothing wrong with that..", he said, softly taking my hand.

I felt electricity run through arm into my entire body. That's always happened every time he touched me,  but I can never get over it.

" I'm just a bit embarrassed is all.", I said. " but enough about me, let's just focus.", I cleared my throat.

Marcus moves his hand, nodding. He looked back down at his paper.

I quietly watched him as he worked in his natural form.

His complexion was intoxicating to look at, he had the clear skin all teenagers would dreamed of. His hair looked soft, something you would play with on a lazy morning, falling asleep in each other's arms. His hands were soft and gentle as if everything he touched was delicate. And his lips-

The thought made my cheeks burn.

They looked as soft as petals, I could only imagine how they would feel.