CHAPTER SEVEN

___

"Woah." I tried not to squeal, but I just can't help it. "He's so cute!"

The tiny black ball of fur was sitting on the top of a tree, where we are sitting on a bench under it.

"Watch the sunset, it's beautiful." Mother said, but I ignored her. She was staring at the sky, and so I bothered myself by staring at the little kitty instead.

"Meow!" It purred, making me melt at his cuteness. His blue eyes are like diamonds. It was so cute that I can't even take my eyes off him.

Just as I was about to lean on the table, I almost stumble backwards when I saw my mother staring at me as if I did a rebellion.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked, forcing a smile. Just when I realized something, I looked at the sky and pretended to be in awe. "Oh wow! The sunset is indeed beautiful! I gotta go, Clydeur wants to sleep—" but before I can finish my sentence, she already stood up.

"Get up."

Like a dog, I stood up as I felt guilty. She was holding out her hand, making me confused. It was gleaming with light which made me even more confused.

Oh, maybe she wants me to hold her hand?

As my little hand touched hers, she looked at me as her silver eyes glowed. I stared back at her with a smile. "The sunset is really pretty mama! But you're prettier!"

I have no face to show tomorrow. It may sound cringy, but I can't think of anything to say as she looked at me like I did something wrong again.

She didn't respond. Ofcourse, she wouldn't. Afterall, this mother of mine isn't the type of person to boast her beauty as if it wasn't obvious—

"I know."

A lightning seems to struck me for a moment.

What the hell!?

Did I really do something wrong? Why is she like this? I looked away when she turned to look at me. I'm the one who's getting embarassed here. Is it because she really have the beauty that anyone can't even stare at her straight in the eye?

"You'll never have the looks if I don't have," she added nonchalantly. "There's also no need to lie about the sunset when you had your attention for that cat all along."

Feeling guilty, I looked down the ground.

"The cat was too cute, Clydeur couldn't take his eyes off it." I said as I stared at my tiny hand holding my mother's hand.

She didn't respond again as she looked away. Just then, I heard a familiar purr of a cute being.

"Meow!" I looked back and saw the kitten looking at me, as it walked towards my direction. My heart almost melted as I reached out to pat his head with my other hand and it purred again. "Meow!"

Wait, how did he jumped down?

Just then, I realized what Aureus did. The Empress herself used magic to help him jump down. My mother doesn't seem to be cold at all then. Then that also means she isn't holding out her hand to me.

I really have no face to show for tomorrow.

"He's cute!" I commented, giggling as I played with the little kitten. "Mama, can we keep him?"

The Empress doesn't look pleased. "Give me three reasons why you should keep that shit."

Oh really?

Oh really?

Watch your mouth.

Squinting my eyes towards the kitten, I held my chin. "Hm, first, because our first encounter is very special. It was like destiny is at play!"

"There's no such thing as destiny."

Yeah right, whatever.

"Second, because it caught Clydeur's attention! It was so cute!" I cooed as I patted the little kitten on the head.

"That cat is nothing compared to me."

I tried not to frown, forcing a smile. "Last but not the least, because I know mama will let me!"

As the sky became darker, I felt the surrounding getting colder as well. Only the kitten's purr broke the defeaning silence. The Empress seems like she's ready to go in a killing spree, but she heaved out a sigh. "Fine."

My eyes widened as I stared at my mother. "That thing is yours now." She kneeled down as she held the kitten's chin. Her eyes glowed silver as her palm started to light again.

I just stood still as I watched her curiously. Just then, a silver collar appeared on the kitten's neck. There, a name engraved, which made me stare at it in awe.

"Kuro." I slowly read, before looking at her. "What does it mean?"

Letting go of my hand that I've been holding into latelty, she stood up as she faced her back to me. "Kuro means Black in Japanese." Looking up the sky, she glanced at me for a moment. "Get back to your room. It's getting darker."

I nodded as I carried Kuro in my arms. "Goodnight mama!" She didn't respond, and so I walked my way towards my room as she took her leave.

I'd like to think that this cat actually helped me to have an opportunity to hold my mother's hand. That event is indeed special and uncalled for, yet I'm still confused.

Did the plot here in my past life changed?

Is it because of the Royal Family Caner which pushed her to visit us here? And wait, why me? Why is she rude towards Klydeur? How did she know where my room is?

I've got a lot of questions to ask, but I chose to shut it for now. As I entered my room, I jumped into the bed and sighed. Kuro curled like a ball on the edge of my bed. Now that I think about it, the Empress said his name means black in Japanese.

How does she know Japanese?

Shaking my head, I decided not to think too much about it. Maybe there's a language like that in here. Even Klydeur uses the term hyung as if it was natural. Closing my eyes, I easily drifted into a deep sleep.

___