CHAPTER SIX

___

"Finally, you're awake."

I blinked my eyes multiple times as I tried to process what is happening in my mind.

According to some of my glimpses of the past, I met my mom when it was my 8th Birthday. She happened to pass by the palace where I live. I saw her, she saw me, we saw each others.

Yep. Simple. And there it started.

Now, did I do something wrong to change how things are supposed to happen? It might have been the same to I saw her, she saw me, we saw each others, but it's too early!

"Not much of a talker?" The woman had a grimace on her face as she tilted her head to the side, eyes closed, the fringes of her bangs almost covered her eyes. "This is boring. I should have not come here then."

Wait, what...?

"S-sorry, Clydeur was surprised," I lied, forcing a smile at her. "How did you come here?"

"Through the door," she answered flatly. I mentally frowned at her response.

I tried my best not to throw a pillow at her. Ofcourse, it was her. The mother who had her eldest son executed. The famous tyrant. The independent woman.

The Empress.

If I did throw a pillow at her, my execution might even happen today. I thank my common sense for not being reckless.

There was a brief moment of silence. She was just sitting on the edge of my huge window, staring at me. While here I am, like a poor prey being stared at by a predator.

"What's your name again?" I almost flinched when I heard her ask me a question. "Clydeur, is it? What a name."

Oh really? But you're the one who named me that. So stupid.

"Hehe." I had nothing to reply, and so I just giggled like an innocent kid who knows nothing about a thing she's talking about. Anyways, where's Jamie? I really need her right now.

The Empress stood up as she went towards my direction. I lowered my head as I held onto my blanket tightly. Is she going to kill me? Strangle me to death? Stab me? Poison me? Or assasinate—

Wait...

Wait a minute...

The Empress grinned as she seems to notice my surprised expression. She carried me with one hand, as if it was as easy as lifting a paper, and went out of the room.

What the...?

I can't even move to retaliate. I am too stunned to speak, I bet my face looks like a kid who's experiencing the 5 stages of grief in one go.

Just when I thought the Empress is about to kidnap me, I thanked the heavens when Jamie finally appeared.

She have this surprised look on her face as she quickly bowed, both hands on her skirt. "May time make haste to the Vermillion Empire."

The Empress looked down on her. "Jamie William, is it?"

My loyal nanny nodded her head. "Yes, your majesty."