chapter 2

Afnan's POV

Like any other day, my one and only friend is waiting for me.

"Assalamu'alikum afifi" she said the moment she saw me while giving me a hug

"Wa'alaikum assalamu Haseenah" I answered hugging her back.

"What happened, you look all down" she asked as we walked to our class.

"Nothing, just the usual" I sigh

"Ya Allah I hate her so much, why won't she just leave her mum has already gained a lot" she spat with so much hatred

She hate her so much, more than I do

"It's OK am already getting use to it" I shrugged

"No it's not, you always forgive so soon, no matter what one does, you have to learn to be a little tough in the heart or else everyone is going to throw their shit at you without a care in this world knowing you will be all to soon to forgive" she replied all in one breath

I stared at her dumbstruck and the word shit caught my attention, Haseenah never curses unless she's too angry .

"OK woman, calm down I will take it to consideration"

"Yeah you better" she huffed.

We reached our lecture room just in time before the lecturer arrive. We took our usual sit, not the back and neither the front, just right at the middle. I like being in the middle in almost everything.

Half way through the lectures I completely zone out thinking about my dream this morning, how I wish I saw his face.

I always have this wish to see have a glimpse of my future husband, so I used to pray about that, stupid right, but that's just me.

                        ************
It was much time and we were having ours when a question crossed my mind.

"Uhm Haseenah, how is the jabeer talk"

The moment the words left my mouth it was too late.

Her mood took a 360° turn making me regret it.

Why do I always have to spoil the mood.

"Uhm, am sorry I shouldn't have said anything I......

I try to explain myself when she interrupted.

"He's still coming" she replied in a small voice

"Haseenah you don't have to say anything if you don't want......

" no I want to" she insist

"OK" I sigh

"I don't know what to do Afnan, mum and dad like him, everyone does, I just don't know what to do" she replied looking extremely worried

Jabeer is a well, what do I even call him a man...or a boy...OK let's go with a young man.

Jabeer is a young man who is madly in love with Haseenah, but she didn't reciprocate back his feelings.

He's got everything a girl needs, he's good looking, a charmer, rich although that's not Haseenah's thing.

"Haseenah....look jabeer really really likes you, l like you with him too, but you..." I sigh "OK just look, you pray to Allah for the chosen one, he sure will come, if it's jabeer then that's it but if it's someone else it will be for the best insha Allah" I replied looking at her hoping my message has been conveyed.

She was quite for a while

"OK, I will....I will take your advice"

"Then that's great" I replied