Chapter 1

"Ahhh" a voice called out but was soon drowned out as a large boom reverberated through the ship in the chaos as cannonballs crashed into the gun deck. Walter dropped to the floor on top of a cannonball that he'd been carrying over to his cannon. "Oof," he grunted as he got back up and ran over to his cannon crew, one of them had been killed in the volley, 'no time to think about it now,' he thought and shoved the cannonball into the cannon. The shot had been loaded before he put in the ball and all that was left was to aim and wait for orders. Just then another volley crashed into there ship, 'how are they reloading so fast, and why isn't the Master gunner giving any orders,' he thought as the gunners all braced themselves for another volley. "I'm going to see what's keeping the master gunner," he told the other gunners on his cannon.

As he got to the stairs another volley ripped through the ship sending shrapnel everywhere, some of it wood, some of it metal, some of it even bones from his fellow gunners, thankfully he was lucky and wasn't hit by any shrapnel. As he reached the master gunners position he found nothing but pieces of him, "Dam it!", Walter said out loud to himself and ran up onto deck. "Oi gunner, why aren't you firing, and where is the master gunner?", the pilot yells over from the wheel. "We haven't been getting orders, the master gunner is dead!" Walter yells back. The pilot curses to himself quietly and says, "Go back down to his position and order everyone to fire at will. You hear me?" the pilot yells as another volley shreds itself through the hull. "Aye!", Walter yells back before running back to the stairs and to the remains of the previous Master Gunner. "Fire at will!", he yells as loud as he can, and immediately all sound is driven out by the roars of the cannons of the USS Magnolia.

A cheer goes up from the crew as the volley rips through the enemy ship, taking the enemies mast down with it. Walter rushes back to his cannon to find it had been destroyed along with the rest of the men on his cannon. A huge explosion goes off under Walter's feet sending him flying out the gun port and into the ocean. Unlike many of the men, Walter knew how to swim. It is the only thing that saved him that day as he watched the Magnolia sink. He swam to the nearest piece of floating material he could find and threw himself on it, hoping to delay hypothermia and drowning

[Hey guys so, no idea if anyone here is interested in reading this type of book on here, Imma publish it, if you guys like it pls let me know in the comments I got a couple of chapters done already and'll publish the first 3 or so *Shrug* Something like that and if I get a good response I'll continue Updating this]