Chapter 1 ~ The Monster

Authors Note: Hello and welcome to my story 'How I was Murdered by a Fox Monster,' I think it's awesome, but whether that's true or not is really up to you. I hope to try and sell with one day so any feedback, good or bad is most welcome.

If you like what you read please vote for me or share it with your friends, it's free, so why not pass the love around. :)

(D)(A)(I)(S)(U)(K)(E)(D)(A)(I)(S)(U)(K)(E)(D)(A)(I)(S)(U)(K)(E)(D)(A)(I)(S)(U)(K)(E)(D)(A)(I)(S)(U)(K)(E)

Chapter 1

Daisuke Matsumoto!” Came a young woman's sweet sing-song voice. Her words bounced off the walls and echoed throughout our dark and silent home.Normally I'd be overjoyed to hear a pretty girl call my name, but the sound of her voice sent nothing but terror down my spine.

“It's her, she's coming,” whispered Akito.

“But Mana!” I hissed hysterically. “We have to help Mana!”

The image of Mana lying face down in a pool of her own blood was firmly engraved into my mind. Her short black hair was mattered and caked in red, and she looked beyond repair. The cute girl who helped me on several occasions could be moments away from death if someone didn't aid her soon. I jumped up and attempted to climb over the desk we were hiding behind, but Akito grabbed my shirt and pulled me back.

“Don't worry about her! There's nothing we can do now!” He exclaimed.

“What! You can't be serious!” Mana wasn't my only concern. It was also uncertain if Kurumi and Itsuki had survived being thrown at the wall. I wasn't sure about the others. I had lost track of them amongst the madness.

“How can you say that!” I cried. “Aren't you supposed to protect them. Isn't that your job?!”

“It's not them she's after!”

My mouth clamped shut. He was right. It wasn't poor Mana she was targeting, or Kurumi, or my genius friend Itsuki. She only had one target in mind, and that person was me. I gave up and went limp. He was right, it wasn't his fault, it was all mine.

The situation would have been more acceptable if I had done something to deserve this, like throwing rocks at baby animals, or being an asshole, but I hasn't done anything to incur her wrath. Everything had gone to hell just because my name was Daisuke Matsumoto.

Akito was holding Nina back with his other hand, but she wasn't making any attempt to escape. Her long black hair was stuck to her forehead with sweat. She wasn't shaking with fear, but she was abnormally silent and staring anxiously at the door like she had accepted what was to come. I couldn't understand how she could endure being so still. If I was her I would have been out the window by now. But maybe like me, she was also counting on Akito to protect her.

The monster ceased calling my name in her warped game of hide and seek, and all was silent. It was so still I could hear groans of pain from somewhere outside the room. It may have been Taisei or Souta. I prayed that they'd stay quiet, otherwise they'd be next on her dinner plate.