Miracle

The day started as a normal other day for Tanya Dawson but unknown to her, her mother Mrs Christina Dawson and her father Mr Harry Dawson has arranged her marriage to Ethan Evans, every girls Prince Charming, who was the son of their family friend Mr James Evans and Mrs Lily Evans.

Tanya as usual was off to work on that Monday morning. The continuous ringing of her mobile phone brought her back from her fantasy world. "How I wish my life would change! All my friends ended up getting married only Emilia and I are left, soon she'll get married to Chris, where would that leave me?" She talked to herself something she did more frequently these days maybe because she was stressed out with her parents relentless chatter about how she needs to get married soon since both her siblings have settled down and only she's left without any plans to settle down in the near future.

Her mom's favorite phrase was, "When are you planning to get a guy?", she sometimes wonder whether her mother thinks getting a guy who would love her for her and not for her looks is easy to come by, but it's not! Does her mother have any idea as to  how much she wants to fall in love like her siblings and friends and find her soulmate?

"Sometimes our greatest wishes are too unrealistic for them to happen and maybe one day I'll get married to my soulmate and then have children and live a happy life just like all my friends." She said to herself just when her boss was calling her to the office.

"Good Morning, Mr Jones! Did you ask for me?"
"A very Good Morning dear! Now how many times have I asked you to call me Kevin. None of this formality in my office. I want to know whether you'd like to attend the conference during the weekend. I know how much you wanted to attend this and I believe you would put all your effort to give a good impression on our brand because, I want everyone's focus on our company. There's too much competition in the industry and I believe you are the best in my company who could do a better job. So what do you say? Want to take it or should I ask someone else?" "Oh thank you very much Mr.. Kevin! I won't let you down! Trust me." Just as she was about to leave " By the way Tanya I've already emailed you the details and I want you to go to New York for the weekend. Even though it's on short notice I want you to be there and make sure you bring that deal to me!" "I'll  make sure that I bring it to us you don't have to worry sir" she smiled at her boss who was nearing his sixties, he always reminded her of her father.

Emilia walked towards just as she was exiting the office. She saw her look of concern written on her face but it gradually disappeared when she saw Tanya's huge grin on her face. " Oh My God don't tell me!! You got the chance to go didn't you??!! Arghhhhh!!! This is AWESOME we need to celebrate this!" "Oh hush! I still didn't get the deal! I don't want you to jinx it so soon" Tanya teased her bestie.

Had she known everything was going to change on that evening maybe she wouldn't have gone home so early and would have taken that offer of Emilia to go out for a drink.