Hanan- Dimensionally- Chapter 1

Avari stepped, with one cautious foot, onto the cold, hard cement slab. It offered no sympathy and promised certain unhappyness. Unhappyness there was indeed, for her young, Elven heart felt like stones were dragging it down into the abyss of

her stomach. It didn't stay there for long though, as she noticed the grey was saturated with washed-out red, and her stomach squirmed, jerking her heart back up.

"Avari Young, you have been selected for our sacrifice to the Gods on this day, the 25th of October, 2012." A voice called, booming over the loudspeaker, as Avari tried her best to keep her head down. The light orange was becoming a more prominent red now, a scarlet sheen of death.

Avari felt her muscles seizing up with pure, metal fear as the voice continued, "We shall all be cleared of our sins by this sacrifice, one female, a clean virgin. The blood that pours out of her side shall be Christ's and we will be clean." Avari could see the sharp shadow of the altar now, and the sudden bloodlust of the people watching made her blood pump even quicker, if it were humanly possible.

There was no means of escape now, and there wasn't going to be one. Her fate was a sealed as she knew her coffin would be in two days. Her nimble body shook like an Autumn leaf in a breeze and dispite her best efforts, tears began falling from her eyes, gently touching her nose and moving down to gently kiss her lips before cascading down onto the floor. She made each step smaller and slower, trying to savour what she knew were the last moments of her life.

"Avari Young, your suffering shall be great and it will remove the sufferings of our people and grant you entrance into Heaven." The scarlet blood had completely overcome the grey now, as she looked upon the altar, laid bare and lit by candlelight. She could see the hem of the priest's white gown, which contrasted against the scarlet of the cement.

The priest's intrusive mind control was strong, too strong. She couldn't resist it, as she felt her body betray her and climb up and lie down upon the altar. Avari could finally see the priest's face. He was a Hauman, primitive versions of the Humans. His arms gave it away, the place where the priest's arm and body met was not a normal shoulder shared by other races. But she knew that this was not

important.

The priest poured cold, slippery, holy oil over her chest which made her shudder, and with a tender look, he sharpened the highly decorated dagger. Avari could see the red ruby in it's hilt shine glisten whenever the light caught it through the huge church windows.