Finally

This is a fan-fiction. Anything written here is purely fictional and based on the author's imagination.

------------------------------------------------------------

            “Julie, we have to go. Filming is in twenty minutes. Baka malate tayo.” I hear my mom say as I hurriedly dump all of my belongings in my shoulder bag, zip it close and rush out of the door. I had just finished doing an interview for a showbiz magazine that took two hours. They asked me all sorts of questions like how do I balance school and work, what do my parents think of me entering into showbusiness, what do I do with my recreational time which was kinda hard to answer since I barely have time to relax. With my debut album in the works along with my first starring role in a television show and my very first movie, it’s been quite difficult to find time for myself. But if it keeps my fans happy and puts food on the table then I don’t think I should be complaining.

            We get to assembly area ten minutes late. Since our filming location is in a different province, we have to meet at one place so that we could travel together. By the time that we arrive, everyone is already packed inside the vans. A man from the production staff waves at me and gestures that I go to van #4. I grab hold of my mom and dart towards the vehicle and pop the door open. I see that only one seat in the back is available. My mom nods and opens the front seat and sits there. I hand over my things for it to be placed in the back and take my seat next to a guy in a hoodie. He seems to be sleeping though. I find a comfortable position and close my eyes. I want to get some rest before we get to the location. Just as I start dozing off, the guy in the hoodie pokes me and smiles.

            “Why am I not surprised? Elmo.”

            “Hey, Julie. You’re late.” He teases as he pokes his tongue out. I glare at him before turning away and go to sleep. His name is Elmo. He’s been my love team partner for the past two years. He’s kind of like the closest thing I have to a best friend. In our career path, it’s quite hard to find someone real when it is so easy to just be reel. Truth be told, he’s probably the most real thing I have in my life right now with the exception of my family, of course.

            I remember the first time we ever performed together. I could tell he was very shy. Towards me that is. When we were on stage, he had to sit like on the far end of the stage and I had to stand opposite him. Our director had told us that we should just approach each other near the ending of the song. When we did, I tried putting my arm around his shoulders and he totally moved away. I tried it again and that time, I succeeded. But he didn’t do the same. That was a bit embarrassing.  Sometimes, I’d see him holding his hand out for me to take but then just as I would hold his hand he pulls it away and I have to act like that didn’t just happen. It took him probably a year to lose the awkwardness around me. When he did get over it, he started being the one who would wrap his arm around my waist or take hold of my hand. I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t like him. I had this little crush on him when I was sixteen. I’m almost eighteen and the feelings were lost at some point but there’s still something there.

            We get to the location and I find myself sleeping on his shoulder. His head is rested on mine and our arms are slightly interlocked. I let out a cough and I could tell I startled him. He gets out of the van and starts stretching. That’s one of the things he always does. He lets out a yawn and rubs his eyes. I get out of the car and move past him to get to hair and make-up.

Half an hour later, we’re both on set rehearsing our lines before we start filming. I gaze at him while he’s focused on his script. To be honest, he’s gone a long way from the Elmo I knew two years ago. He’s been working out, the results to that are good. He’s also on diet. He’s way taller, that even though I’m wearing killer heels, he’s still a bit taller than I am. He’s a bit tan too, but that’s because of all the sun exposure during the filming of our movie. My point is, well, he’s attractive.

FinallyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara