I

November finally began to keep its promises. That afternoon, it was raining cats and dogs, like eighty percent of the time in Seattle. And being cursed with a shitty luck, it was the one day I decided that it was unnecessary to take my umbrella. Nevertheless, my brother bawled as long as he could, he had even followed me outside the house to stick it into my bag, by force. I had argued that my bag was already rather heavy like that and I got the hell outta there because I was already late. I should really start listening to him one of these days, because he's right about everything, ninety nine percent of the time. Anyway, I ran under the rain, soaked wet. Probably not enough for this jerk who just splashed me by going downhill at top speed with his daddy's sports car.

"You blind son of a bitch ! I hope you go straight into a tree, you and your fucking fancy car. Jesus fucking Christ!", I shouted. No needs to admit that I was pissed off. Firstly, because I was late and I hate being late. Secondly, because I had no fucking umbrella because I'm too stubborn to admit that I'm wrong. And thirdly, because a jerk had splashed me with water while I was already risking to die from a pneumonia.

After my fit of rage, I accelerated the step towards the book shop. Arrived in front of the shop showcase, I contemplated the new placard on the glass window of the old wooden door.

«OUTSIDE A DOG, A BOOK IS A MAN'S BEST FRIEND. INSIDE A DOG, IT'S TOO DARK TO READ.»

                                                                               - Groucho Marx.

That made me smile for the first time in this horrible day. The little bells rang when I pushed the door open and a rush of warmth hugged me like a fluffy blanket. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath that had this particular smell that reminded me of my fondest memories, the smell of old books. I shook off my arms and my hair then took off my wet denim jacket. I could feel all eyes on me but I didn't care, at all. I came here for one thing, that damn resumé. I didn't even need to apply for the job, I was going to get it anyway. I didn't even need a job, just some extra money to buy more books. And the reason of all of this is because this book shop is my entire life, literally. 

I made it to the back office and knocked even though I didn't need to, I was just being polite and stuff. "Come in," I heard behing the doork before pushing to open. And what was my surprise when I came face to face with a sumptuous creature. I was in total awe, mouth wide open looking at him like a horny 14-year-old. The old man cleared his voice and brought me back to reality, by force. As the guy, he was just staring at me with his gorgeous brown eyes hidden behind some rebellious lock of hair, a side smile on his angel face. Suddenly, I became aware of how shitty I looked with my wet hair and clothes.

"Sorry to interrupt, I'll come back later," I said to no one in particular. What was wring with me? He's going to think that I'm stupid. I should have acted like I owned the place, as usual.

"You're not interrupting," said old Rob. "Actually, you came at the right time, this is Alexander," he said moving his head toward the said Alexander. Shitty name, I thought.

"Just Alex," he corrected. "Hi, nice to meet you", he said giving me his hand to shake. He had a tattoo that said "smile". I shook his hand, red faced and smiled weirdly.

"This lady here is the one I told you about, Luna Aurora."

"Just Luna", I said.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Luna. I love your name." He freaking loves my name. I need some air. Now. But what old Rob was going to tell me killed it all.

"Alex is gonna work here, he got the job". I let my back pack fall down on the floor as anger and disappointment made it to my brain. "What?", I asked looking at both of them back and forth. Alex didn't seem to understand. Neither did Rob.

"The job was supposed to be mine!", I tried to put it calmly but I kinda shouted it. Which made me look like a sassy five-year-old.

"You don't even need a job, kid".

"Okay. Fine", I said pouting. Turning to Alex, I added "I hope you like books and dust." Then I grabbed back my bag and left. I was in such a bad mood and I wasn't even on my period. I bet they were both laughing when I left, I must have looked crazy. But I was mad, I'm still mad. I mean I walked under the fucking pouring rain for nothing? I just couldn't believe it. Things were not going my way today. I went home feeling like shit and made it straight to my bedroom. Someone knocked at the door as I took off my jacket and threw it on the floor.

"What?" I cried out. My older brother Ragnar - I know it's such a weird name, thanks mum - was standing at my door step with a big smile on his baby face - he was older than me but looked like a baby. He didn't give two shits about how angry I was and it made me fucking laugh at myself. That's how crazy I am and that was his power.

"You're such a stubborn ol'lady", he said laughing at me. He liked to call me old lady because I grumble all day long like a 90 year-old thingy. He knew what he was talking about, he worked at a retirement home.

"I didn't get the job", I said in a sad tone.

"You have so many books you can open you own book store", he said looking around my messy room. He came  to me and hugged me. He was pretty short, well he was way taller than me, but he gave the best hugs in the entire world.

"Thanks Teddy Bear", I said.

Then he added "Sushis?"

"You had me at sushis", I said with a big smile.

At this moment, the door rang. It was probably my little brother. He always forgets his keys.

"I'll get it", I told Ragnar. "You go and order sushis". The door rang again. "Coming!", I shouted. And what was my surprise when I opened.

"Um, hi...", mumbled Alex soaked to the bones from standing on our porch.