Chapter 1

Lyric..

Lyric, like song lyrics. I'm known as the girl with the nasty attitude. The attitude is because I don't take no shit. Whatever Lyric wants, Lyric gets and best believe I want alot of things. I'm just trying to make it like everyone else. No, I'm not riding in the nicest car, but I'm getting mines just like everybody else. Now don't get me wrong, I'll still stomp a bitch in my red bottoms, then apply some lipstick and flip my hair. Lyric. Everyone wants to be me. Why? Because of my figure? A figure like mine means "she's up to no good" or "she's fucking every rapper or dope dealer". But in reality, I've had sex one time. Quite frankly, I find myself too busy for a man. My job and my money is my number on priority. Dick is dick. I can get dick when I'm ok with a bank account of 7 figures.

"Lyric, girl, you have been playing around trying on lipsticks all day, get back to work."

There was a client that walked into M•A•C and I knew for a fact that he wasn't coming to get his makeup done.

"Welcome to M•A•C" one of my co-workers announced.

I walked over to the customer to see if he needed any help

"Hi, my name is Lyric, are you looking for anything specific?"

The man who looked like he could be maybe twenty or twenty-one licked his lips and began talking to me.

"Yeah, my shorty here needs this lipstick cleaned." He raised up the Herione lipstick. I politely turned to clean the lipstick. After it was all cleaned I handed it to the young lady, who looked about nineteen, to try on.

"Baby, I want this" she whined.
"Iight, Exuse me miss." The man called me back over. I noticed he had a real thick accent. It was expected he had an accent because we are in New Orleans.
"Can I get this?" He asked.

He looked as if he had a slight attitude. Maybe the girl on his arm pissed him off.
"Sure, just come right up to the front and I'll have this rung up." I said with a smile on my face.

While I turned around I couldn't help but notice I needed to apply some more lipstick.

I rung up the lipstick and waited while the guy handed me a black card. The lil bitch on his arm sighed as if he was taking too long.

"Damn Egypt, hurry up" she complained. He looked at her with this death glare that made her sigh again. While he finished up I just looked at my nails with a bored look. Like how you gon' rush a nigga when he paying for YOUR shit. Better yet, he playing with a damn black card. Unless she had money on her to cash out and prove me wrong, then sit your impatient ass back and wait.
Even with the mug he had planted on the lady he was with, he managed to tone it down a little to tell me thank you and walk up out of the store leaving the girl following behind his trail.