The Farm

This is the follow up to Enemies Within

Again NOT EDITED it isn't finished, I hope to have it completed by the end of the year..

The Farm…

Chapter one

                 The reports on the news said no one had survived, the plane crashed to earth at over 100mph, the crater it created was the size of a football pitch and was at least 14 feet deep at the centre, the plane had apparently blew apart in the air, it sounded like a bomb, the plane had come down over a channel port in, France it had just taken off from Heathrow, the debris and bulk of the plane came down on the port town of St Malo, the port was now closed for the next 24hrs at least as the operation was underway to retrieve the bodies of the victims and the wreckage of the plane, the plane was on its way to Egypt, it had come from New York and it had stopped at Heathrow for a routine fuel stop as well as taking on new passengers, some people used it as a direct flight from America to England and got off in London, sometimes it was cheaper to buy a ticket from New York to Cairo via London than it was New York to London. The plane was a modern British Airways 767 from what the news reports were saying it was less than 3 years old had all its maintenance records up to date and had no reported problems. I’m sure the inquest would begin soon if not already, I hated seeing news like this especially this close to home.

           This was the last evening of my holiday, Zoe and I had become good friends since the death of her old boss 6 months ago, I’d found out that she was engaged but I still couldn’t help but feel close to her, she genuinely was a nice person, and I got the impression her boyfriend didn’t treat her the way he should, but I couldn’t really do anything we had become friends because her boss was murdered by a rogue C.I.A agent. And we had spent a bit of time together going for dinner and the cinema, we both enjoyed each other’s company, and that was as far as it went, she knew I was here for her anytime she needed to chat, and I think she took comfort in that, it’s never easy dealing with what she saw and it never really leaves you.

           Becki had settled in, I’m not sure how well she’d settled in, I don’t think there was one person she hadn’t upset, Johnny got the brunt of her new ideas, she wanted to make his department more streamlined she had made redundant 2 of his geeks, he was also now responsible for the forger, she had only been here 3 months her name is Lisa, brilliant at her work, but she may be lacking a bit of common sense Popeye and I had fun winding her up, I couldn’t believe a left handed screw driver and waterproof t-bags would provide so much fun.

           Popeye hadn’t escaped the money saving, all new agents got issued standard side arms of a sig 9mm and assault rifles of H&K G36 5.56mm that was it take it or leave it. Older agents like me were given the option to switch to the standard weapons or we could purchase our own weapons, which I did in an instance, we bought them at discount price, the company would maintain them and continue to supply ammunition for them, I thought it was a bit crazy, the job we do is dangerous enough and they wanted the older agents to suddenly switch to using new weapons, it would be like giving a footballer a rugby ball to play with, this is one thing I didn’t like about Becki whether they were her ideas or not, I understand cost cutting but it has to be done in the right areas, and from what Richard had said about her, she was proving him right in being a boss who liked the politics but didn’t care to much for the other stuff which included getting her hands dirty.

           The first mission she sent me on was a tricky little one in Iran I had to try and track down Emma Johnson I left for Iran 3 weeks after we had stopped the attacks on the Houses of Parliament, I had no luck in finding any trace of her in Iran a couple of contacts I had in the country had said she hadn’t returned so she was still in Saudi Arabia or she was in the wind and was lying low for now. I was on my way back to the airport when a man approached me in my hotel room, I knew almost straight away he was an employee of Emma’s we fought he lost and I killed him, when I returned to London and debriefed Becki she wanted to know why I had killed this guy, I couldn’t believe what I was hearing not once had my actions ever been questioned, this guy wanted to kill me and Becki was suggesting I should of tried to restrain him. I was never trained to restrain anyone who had been trying to kill me, you don’t ever want to give the person who is trying to kill you another chance, you don’t hesitate you do what you have to do