Sight

Adira's POV:

"Adira, wake up!" I heard my older brother yell.

"God, Ed I'm coming!" I rolled out of bed and let my feet sink to the floor. I found my slippers and slid them on before walking out to my brothers. I could hear Ed laughing and Al protesting something.

"Hey, Adira?" Ed called

"Hmm?" How would you feel about becoming a state alchemist, like me?"

"I would love to, but Ed you know why I can't."

"Because you're a girl?"

"Because I'm blind, dammit." I glared at him.

"Don't use that kind of language with me, young lady!" Ed protested rising to his feet.

"Ya know for being an alchemical genius you can be pretty dumb." I huffed before going back in my room.

I could hear the two boys bickering, it was mostly Al telling Ed to apologize and Ed saying why should I?  After about a half-hour of bickering, I got changed and put on my sunglasses. They hid the fact that I was blind from everyone. I grabbed my coat as I walked past the boys.

"Adira where are you going?" Ed demanded.

"If you must know, I have no idea, I just can't stand listening to you and Al bicker a second longer." I said exasperated.

"Adira." I heard Al start.

"Alphonse, please."

Al slumped back into his chair, falling silent, with that I walked out of our hotel room. I brushed my fingertips along the wall as I walked.

Hmmm, where's the last place Ed and Al would want to find me? Central Command.

Without missing a beat I began walking towards Central Command. I walked to Central every time they needed to go there so I had the route memorized. This is where things got hinky; I had no reason to be there aside from trying to be a brat.

Light bulb. I thought about what Ed had asked me earlier about wanting to become a State Alchemist, could I really do it? Too late to turn back now, I walked towards Colonel Roy Mustang's office. I walked in I heard a few people lookup,

"I'm looking for Colonel Roy Mustang, is he here?" I asked seeming to scan the room.

"Yeah, he's in his office, but what is the purpose of your meeting with him?" I heard a male voice chime in. I knew it was the Colonel by the formalities.

"I'm wanting to find out more about becoming a state alchemist, I thought it was only fitting, also to see if I could be of any help with anything. Seeing my brothers don't come by much." I said shrugging.

"And your brothers are? "

"Really?" I laughed, "You're the first person to not make the connection right away, they're Edward and Alphonse H-Elric."

"Come with me." I heard Mustang say and I followed his footsteps. We walked into his office he turned to face me.

"Did you do it?"

"Try to bring our mother back?" I asked.

I heard him nod.

"Yes and No. I didn't know that's what we were doing. I thought we were just making something with alchemy. Not doing the ultimate taboo."

"That means the Truth took something from you, what did it take?"

"My sight." I said flatly.

"Then how are you able to navigate just like a seeing person?"

"My hearing makes up for it mostly, but so does my touch. My hearing and touch are hypersensitive. Like I can tell that you just took off your jacket by the rustling sound, also you shifted some papers on your desk, it sounds like a lot of them, though."

He sat there in silence shocked.

"How do you intend on being a state alchemist if you can't see?" He asked.

"I'm amazing at perplexing people and I can hear an attack from miles away. I'm also very good at picking up clues that others can't due to my abilities. Therefore I use my alchemy to confuse the person I'm attacking and –"

The door banging open cut me off.

"Geez, Ed could ya calm down a bit?"

"I've been looking for you!"

"It took you longer than usual to come looking. You didn't start looking for me until mmm." I paused "30 minutes ago."

"How?" I heard Mustang and Ed say in unison.

"You never cease to amaze me." Al commented.

"I swear you're the only one who can sneak up on me since I can't hear any of your physical noises. Your armor and Ed's automail sound insanely similar. "

I heard Mustang's jaw drop. "Close your mouth, Colonel, unless you intend to catch flies." I smirked

Ed shook his head, "C'mon, Adira, you've bothered the Colonel long enough." He said walking up to me.

I sighed, "Adira," I heard the Colonel say "May I ask you something?"

"Fire away." I said turning back to face him.

"What color were your eyes?"

I paused, Ed answered for me, "Golden brown, like Al's, but with a bit more brown."

I laughed, "Way to talk for me, Ed."

"Shut up, let's just get back to the hotel." He said grabbing my arm.

"See you around Colonel." He snickered a little at my joke.

Does someone actually think I could be a state alchemist? Or is it all a joke?