The evacuation of Fultron

The city of Trises, the capital city of the planet Fultron, set ablaze in the cauldron of a newly kindled war. Imperia faces its first rebellion. An economic superpower now under siege by its own as if a ship to be taken by mutiny. Imperia have never sought to engage in war and so have focused on building up their economy. So ultimately better equipped and better prepared for a campaign of conflict, the rebels have centred their treacherous assault on Imperia’s capital: Fultron.

The extraction of the planets leaders has been tasked to Lieutenant Miller, squad leader of team Phalanx. He watches as the extraction drop ship holding the three councillors that he risked his life to protect takes off. The words of one of the councillors plagues his mind “there just solders, leave them and get us out of here”. Miller is frozen by shock as his squad continue a fire fight against a squad of robotic troops.

Then a rocket from one of the attacking robots streaks by Miller into the drop ships interior as the doors close. The hull is ripped apart by the resulting explosion, scattering the destroyed drop ship and its now dead occupants over the extraction point. Miller does not know how to react. Imperia’s civil leaders are dead butthat drop ship was going to leave him and his squad to their fate. He has no choice but to suppress his feelings because now he has a new priority: ensuring that his squad mates escape this hell with their lives.

He assists in overwhelming the attacking Dk o1 assault robots with gunfire before going to consult the squad’s technician expert. Luke had been drafted into the military when this battle kicked off and his technological wizardry makes up for his lack of skills with fire arms. He was one of the engineers that worked on the government building that the squad occupies.

“There is a panic room that can only be opened once every 100 years. Its occupants are put under cryo sleep until somebody from the outside with clearance comes by to open it.” Luke explains. Miller makes the call, this panic room is the only hope they have of survival. Imperia plan on abandoning Fultron with the intent on building up strength until a time when they can reclaim it.

So the squad race through the building. They travel through corridor after corridor with the crackling sounds of ballistics in the background. This building is known as the presidium with hallways lined with gold encrusted walls basking in natural light and marble floors so pristinely polished that they behave like mirrors. One can imagine how beautiful these hallways would be without the bullet holes and laser burns.

“Dame it’s locked. Luke, hack this thing open.” Miller orders as Phalanx comes to an electronically sealed pair of doors. Technician expert Luke crouches before the door and opens up his processing inhibitor communication kit, or a P.I.C.K for short. His arm becomes shrouded in holographic displays as his PICK begins to overload the locks processor. The door opens as a squad of robotic troops comes around the corner. “Contact rear” a squad member shouts as she sprays suppressive fire. Phalanx squad backs up through the opening doors that Luke seals again the second they are all through.

They step into a large elevator with a terminal that Luke inputs a few codes into. Luke’s old authorisation codes prompt the elevator to travel far below the ground floor. Miller feels slightly concerned as shockwaves of dropping bombs rattle the descending elevator. The Doors slides open leading into a narrow corridor, leading into a small room lit with dim lights. The panic room is built for pure functionality. Grey walls and a computer system hooked up to several advanced cryo pods is all that makes up the interior. The door closes and locks behind Phalanx squad as they each step into a cryo pod that they know won’t be opened for over 100 years. As his vision blurs, Miller smiles happy that his squad will live to fight another day.