The Boy With Glasses: Chapter One

The Boy With the Glasses... (Stole My Heart)

"Cassie, you have to do this. It's good for you- it's good for all of us." My mother said. Trying to be sympathetic.

"But I don't want this. You said that we didn't have to do this if I didn't want to. What happend to that promise?" I said. I wish my mother kept her promises but unfortunatly, she mostly never did.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. But, what if you start to actually like this change?" She said. She tried to make me reconsider this. She's been trying to make it seem like I will love this but I've never believed her.

"And what if I don't? Why do I have to do this?" My patience was wearing thin. I watched my mother intently.

"What if you do? And, we've been discussing this with the other family for months so we can't just back out of it now. So, end of discussion. Now go get packed." She said. Giving me her dissmissing glare and then walking away. I groaned quietly and went back upstairs into my room. I started packing.

I know I haven't been telling you what this big commotion was but my family thinks that I don't socialize very much with anybody at school. That I need a really good friend. So, she's making us move in with the family that has the same problem with their kid. My family and the other have been discussing this for months. Now since our families settled this we are moving into the other kid's home. Apparantly, it's huge so it fits alot of people. That's why we're packing to move in. But my parents don't understand that I do have a friend. Her name was April and luckily her parents allowed her to move in with me so now she gets to go to move with us into the other family's house. She, like everybody else, was trying to find the positive in this. I have two sisters name Brianna and Bailey and I have one brother named Christopher. I like them, their sometimes good to talk to but other times they can be a real pain. I finished packing and sat on my bed. Why did my parents have to do this? Whatever I did, couldn't they just ground me like normal parents instead of going to live with some random family? I don't understand how this is all going to go. I just hope that when I go there, maybe something, anything, will make me feel better. I guess I'm different because I don't feel complete. I don't know what it is, I just don't.

We get to meet the family tomorrow and they'll help us move in. I was getting nerves like no tomorrow because of how I think this person will act if they see me. I'm average I guess, I have blonde hair, blue eyes and I'm pretty tall but I'm not tan unfortunatly. I wish I wasn't so pale because I look like a ghost. My sublings never seem to let me forget it but I guess that's what comes with the territory of being the youngest sibling of all of them.

I fell asleep on my bed. I woke up way too early in the morning to the chirp of my alarm clock. I got up, did my daily routine which consisted of taking a shower, brushing my teeth and getting dressed. I wore a dark navy blue sweater, skinny jeans and converse. It was a cold day today- oh I completely forgot! Today's the day where we meet the family. The nerves started up in my stomach again. I walked downstairs and saw the mvoing truck out front. I sighed. I've lived in this house ever since I can remember and now we're moving out of it because my parents think I'll get out more. Whatever. I just really hope that their right. I wasn't really that hungry so I just grabbed a Pop Tart and grabbed my suitcase, put it in the car and sat in the living room. They were already done putting all the boxes in the big truck. I got into the car with my siblings and read a book all the way to the house. When we finally reached our destination, I got out of the car as well as my brothers and sisters and walked up the smiling family. It was probably 8 o' clock at night already.

Their house was huge! It could fit at least fifty people from the look of it. So now, I guess we don't have to worry about the space issue. Where is the kid? I was so nervous that the curiousity was eating at me.

"Sarah! Wow, you look great!" The woman said giving my mother a hug. They acted like they've known eachother for years when really they've only known eachother for a few months. My family continued their mindless chit-chat with the other family while my brothers and sisters took a fancy into two older guys which must be the sons. We finally we're able to get inside the house. Everything looked like a normal rich house. My mom introduced me to the family but then I met someone who I didn't see before. It was a boy who looked at least a year or two older than me. He was very tall. He had disheaveled hair that fell on his face. I could tell he wore glasses because I could see the rim from them. I couldn't see the rest of his face very well which was covered by glasses and fallen hair. He looked down. Obviously shy. I didn't say anything, I just looked down and away.

" Greyson, why don't you show Cassaddee around the house and get to know eachother, since you guys will be living with eachother for a couple months." She smiled. Obviously trying to be friendly. Oh no, I have to be alone with a boy. The only boy I was ever alone with was when I was twelve, I had to play hide n' go seek and I just so happend to hide right next to a boy. That was probably the only close-encounter I've had with a boy. Now, it was dark in the house and I couldn't see his face still which made it hard to get a good look at him. He probably was a nerd, but that didn't bother me. Something about him was kind of quirky and weird. Which made me a little relieved that I wasn't the only one.