Chapter 1- Angel

Chapter 1- Angel

"Hey girl," Landon greeted her. "How was your class?"

"Eh," Pristine shrugged. She loves fashion and sewing. Textiles was her favorite subject since she often learned new sowing techniques. But today, her teacher went through the basic type of fabric bindings. Stuff that she already knew by heart and instinct.

Landon began to eat his apple only to pause mid bite. "Hotness alert," he grinned as he wiggled his eyebrows.

Pristine could hear the sighs and swoons of almost the entire female population within the vicinity. That could only mean one thing. Chance was near. She fought the urge to roll her eyes at the giggles of some girls.

A small tap on her shoulder interrupted her train of thought. She turned around and was faced with the Greek God himself. His olive green eyes which were often the center of every girl's fantasy now held a stern expression.

"Mom said to give this to you," he said as he dropped a paper bag next to her and walked away.

"Thanks," she mumbled to herself. Even now there were times where she missed their friendship. Often she imagined he'll finally snap out of his jerk mode and beg for her forgiveness. But she knew that was impossible.

"God you're so lucky Pristine!" London squealed. "What I wouldn't do for that hot piece of ass to talk to me just even once."

Whispers and glares from females of the surrounding tables mirrored London's envy towards her acquaintance with 'the' Chance Matthews. They were staring at the paper bag that she held as if they were trying to decipher a code.

Landon noticed this and snapped, "Mind your own business girls."

The girls glared at him before complying. They know not to mess with the heir of Dade Corporation. The Landon's family is very influential. One word from them can make or break someone's career. An idiotic classmate of them once tried to bully London for being 'gay'. Needless to say, the bully and his family struggled with their finances till they finally begged for Landon's forgiveness.

Like Landon, she also holds a similar type of power over the students of Wyndham High. In the eyes of the media, she is known as the golden daughter. As the daughter of Clyde and Callie Ferro, Hollywood's golden couple, she was treated with respect. Well, not really. But her peers never physically abused her. That was enough for her.

Pristine chuckled at London's antics. She could always rely on London to act out and protect her. He knew her secret. He knew that she has to act timid and reserved to hide her true identity.

Pristine turned her attention to the contents of the paper bag. She couldn't help but smile as she saw a beautiful shade of purple embroidered fabric. Isla never fail to bring her a piece of exotic fabric from every country she visits for work. She knows how much Pristine enjoys designing her own clothes.

'At least his mom hasn't forgotten about me,' Pristine thought.

-★☆★-

Pristine tilted her hips to the side and placed her hand to lightly touch the tip of her hair. She looked straight to the camera and gave the most daring expression she could master. Her eyes sharp and piercing, her mouth slightly parted to entice the audience.

"Nice!" The photographer commended as he clicked the camera none stop. She then slightly twisted her body to face the side and arched her back. Next, she tilted her head down and peaked through her lashes as she pretended to tuck her hair behind her ear. It was a pose that made her look innocent yet seductive at the same time.