Chapter 21- Drifting

It had been two months since she moved into the house Nick and Ethan had given her. At first she didn't want to except it, but when Amber had told her it was the house the boys lived when she first meet them. It eased her worries. She had first thought they had went out and bought her a house, but Ethan had bought this house years before he had even meet Amber.

They had rented it out but the tenants had recently moved out and when Ethan had gotten wind like he tended to do about everything, about her wanting to buy a place. They gifted her the house. Amber told her it was a lucky house and Rosie agreed that she just might need some of that luck.

Need that luck to figure out what she really wanted to do with her future. She now had the money to do whatever she wanted. Including being a women of leisure if she chose. But that just wasn't her. She had worked at something her whole life. First it was school. Then it was her job at the nursing home and high school, then it was her job and college. After she graduated and took off she still worked. She may have run but she still worked. She kept herself busy. But for the last two months she had been searching for something new to do. She knew for a fact she didn't want to go into nursing. Even though she had worked so hard for that degree. She had been unsatisfied with her chosen field long before she had graduated. Now that she didn't need to work for a living, she wanted to find something that she loved to do.

She was sitting at the bar in the kitchen, messing around on her laptop, when she came across a writing website. Browsing it she started to like the concept of it even more and more. You, as a member could read stories, write and post stories, get others feed back on your stories and give feedback to others. She had never heard of it. Which surprised her since she was always reading online in her free time. Which wasn't much in the past. But now she had plenty.

After struggling to come up with all the information for her profile she was finally registered for a free account. She was amazed at all the genre choices she could chose from. And all the subcategories they had. But then she clicked on a story just to see how one would be set up. She realized it was smart to have so many choices and subcategories. It made it easier for an author and reader to find certain types of books they liked.

Sighing she decided to bookmark the page and start searching for a new job adventure again. She had wasted enough time over the last two months just drifting. She need to finally sit down and do something.

After driving her car back from Texas, she had decided she needed some thinking time. The first month seemed productive enough. She had spent time, redecorating the house into a home. Her home. With her hands moving with painting, her mind was free to wonder.

She thought back on the morning she spent with Jared, Mark, Duncan, and Grace. They had spent it in the little café down the road from their childhood home. At first it had been awkward for all of them. None of them knew how to act around her. They didn't want to say the wrong thing and make her run again. She didn't want to say the wrong them and make them hurt even more. But finally Jared being the impatient one broke the ice by asking her straight out what her plan was.

Rosie felt the relief by simply telling them. She knew they were going to be upset, may not understand what she was doing, and possible be pissed at her. But she had to stop living her life to make others happy.

She had figured that out the night before while she was packing. Going thru all the memories left in her childhood room, she realized the track awards she received because Lynn had pushed her to go out for a sport. The spelling awards was because she wanted her parents to be proud of her. Even her chosen career was because of family pressure. They were always telling her she should be a nurse because she was good at helping sick people.

Even the boys/men she had dated was because of family and/or friends told her too. It wasn't because she was a push over. She just wanted everyone happy. And she tried making them happy by doing what they wanted. That, now she realized, was one of the reasons she had decided to stay in California. No one here pushed her or tried to convince her what was best for her.