the red haired boy

„I wonder when the rain will stop."
Hime already had goose bumps all over her body from the cold, as she returned to the fireplace and sat down right next to her partner.
„What did you expect, Princess?", Shinju asked her, as Hime just shrugged her shoulders in response.
„We're near Amegakure, this region isn't known as the land of rains for no reasons, you know?"
„I'm cold..." Hime continued complaining, as Shinju just rolled her eyes and moaned in annoyance but then tossed a blanket at Hime, that she carried with her, in her backpack.
„There you go." She gave her friend a small smile as the long- greyhaired girl wrapped herself into the blanket and let out a satisfied growl.
„But what about you?", she worried, that maybe Shinju could become sick since it became pretty cold recently.
„I'm fine, don't you worry."
„Just let me know, if you want it back."
„I'm fine, as I just said. Keep it. You always used to become sick real quick, and don't you forget that we're still on a mission." , Shinju reminds her partner of their duty.
„Right."

After a short while, both girls just stared into the dancing flames, both of them were deeply sunk into their own thoughts.
Shinju wasn't wrong and of course Hime hadn't forgot about the mission, that the Tsuchikage gave to them, even though Hime wasn't a real Kunoichi, since she was born as a royal, she decided to choose her own path and became a ninja as well.
Although the Tsuchikage never let her go alone, so that was why Shinju used to be by her side since day one, since she became Hime's personal guard and also her best friend.
As the two girls started to spend like most of their time together, they quickly became real close to each other even though Shinju thought she needed to handle the princess without gloves from time to time, since the greyhaired girl was still way too credulous for a world full of enemies and criminals.
Todays mission was about gathering more informations about the current hideout of the Akatsuki, an evil Organization of rouge ninjas from all over the world.
Hime had been warned about those people, but that didn't stop her from agreeing to take the mission, since she truly believed that nobody was truly evil by birth, and that everybody for sure got their reasons.
If one stepped out of society like that he probably didn't do it on purpose and that was the main point.
Hime believed that everybody especially all rouge Shinobis out there, which of course also includes the members of the Akatsuki, were misunderstood and desperate deep inside and just needed somebody they can trust and lean on, to find the light again.
At least this has been one reason because the princess was that exited about taking the mission on the one hand, but on the other hand she got another, secret motive.
Hime knew that one member of the Akatsuki was a former Shinobi of the hidden stone village, as one day he was kicked out by the Tsuchikage himself, as he left with a >>BOOM<< literally and burned down half of the Kage-Resisdence.
She never ever met Deidara in person, especially since he finally left the village, at the age of only 16 and never returned, but as a princess she felt guilty for what just happened.
At least, she came to the conclusion, that it wasn't Deidaras fault but that he was pushed into it and if somebody just had mercy on this lonely boy, then he hadn't had gone that far.
So this mission wasn't just about gathering some stupid information, moreover, it was about finding Deidara, and return back to Iwagakure with him together since he still belonged there.

„Are you alright, Princess?" , Shinju wanted to know, as Hime just winced but then nodded.
„Sure, I just thought about something, ..." , she mumbled, then forced herself to smile.
„What was it?" Shinju asked, as in the next moment she got up real quick and pulled out her kunai.
„Stay behind, Princess!", she ordered as also Hime jumped up.
„What was that?!"
„I have no idea, but I will find out."
A breathtaking moment it was only the sound of the rain to hear, but then there it was again.
It was a scream, but not an usual scream, more like a whimper.
A sob.
„It's a child!" , Hime gasped, as she run quickly out into the rain, right into the woods.
„Princess! What the heck, ... come back here!", Shinju tried to stop her friend, couldn't believe how credulous Hime acted again.
„This could be a trap! Do you ever think before doing something?!" , she snapped, as soon as she reached for Hime.
Both girls were wet til the bone in seconds, since the center of the rainstorm seemed to be right above them.
„Yes, but it also could be a lost child!" , Hime pointed out, while she looked around nervously, searching for the source of the sobbing.
„Even so it has nothing to do with us.", Shinju reminds her, was just about to grab Hime's hand and pull her back into their hideout, but again a heart-rending whimper was heard.
„It came from over there!", Hime just figured out and ran right into the direction she thought the whimper might have come from.
„Could you just stop!" , Shinju murret, but then went after her friend anyways.

„Oh lord, who are you? And where are your parents at?"
Shinju could hear her friend talking to some stranger and raised and eyebrow skeptical.
In the next moment she already saw Hime kneeling on the ground, squatting in front of a... a child.
Shinju's eyes widened as her view fell on the bright red hair and the big, brown eyes, that (? :'D) the boy looked up to Hime with.
Tears ran all over his cheeks and he sniffed from time to time, while sucking his thumb.
„It's a child, look, just as I said." , Hime looked back, over the shoulder in Shinju's direction.
„Hime, ..." Shinju whispered as she still stared at the child.
She couldn't believe what she just saw, this couldn't be real,... this must been a Genjutsu or something, the lilac-haired girl thought by herself.
„Oh, don't you cry, everything's going to be fine..." Meanwhile Hime continued trying to comfort the sobbing boy.
„Just tell me where your parents are and why you're here in the woods, all by yourself? Did you lose them, ... oh, shh, don't cry, ..."
Hime just wiped the boy's tears away, then pulled him into a hug and rubbed his back, to calm him down.
The boy let out a last sniff, then embraced Hime's neck and snuggled into her.
„It will be fine, ..." , Hime soflty whispered into the boy's ear, still rubbing his back gently.
„Do you want to tell us your name?"
„Sasori.", the boy whispered as Hime raised her head suddenly and looked right back to Shinju.
„Sasori?!", she repeated incredulous.
Shinju just stared at the boy in disbelief.
Sasori, ... well of course he just looked like the man in the Bingobooks but, ... as his child-version.
„Sound's familiar, doesn't it?" , Hime mumbled, as she started to rock little Sasori in her arms automatically.
„Step away, Princess.", Shinju finally seemed to find her tongue again.
„What are you gonna do?", Hime wanted to ask, looked at her friend with a skeptical gaze.

„I'm gonna kill that felon."