the city

It's been two years since Meira escaped the "mate" her father had sold her to. She had gotten lucky when she ran that she caught a bus that ran all they way to the other side of the country. Then she took another bus that took her somewhere they would never look for her. For a girl who use to love the sun, she ran to somewhere it barely shown. She ran to the North.
It took six months to shake the trail that he was following. Another six months to figure out that she had to hide her unique features so no one would recognize her. And another six months to find a place to live and a job. The last six months she's settled in to her little one bedroom studio and gotten a job at a bar two blocks away where she did the books and ordering. She still looks over her shoulder when shes not in her flat and makes sure her wig is firmly on her head and her contacts aren't shifting to show her eye color. She had tried dying her hair but no color would stick to the pure whiteness.
Meira hid herself from the world. Holding a tight leash on the beast within and covering up her entire body to not show her now white scars. She had an almost glow about her that without covering it would tell everyone that she was one of the few the moon had chosen to be her emissary on this world. So she hid. Behind sweaters and scarves and shadows.
Meira worked in the back of the bar to hide behind her books and screens. She didn't work with people, to afraid that someone might catch on to what and who she is. She hadn't made friends in the six months there for the same reason. But that was all about to change and she knew if from the moment she heard her bubbly voice upfront asking where the bookkeeper was.