Under The Same Roof

Chapter 1: Invitation

It was the end of spring as summer came. Sakuras started to shed a few of their leaves as they come by, already crossing the same avenues and streets. Having different scenes captivated everyone's gaze, and soon would fall like snow blizzards. They could come and go, but no, seasons never ceased to phase. They simply follow what was meant for them, it was the miracle of their weather patterns.

Although at the distance, everyone had that pretty battered up atmosphere. All sorts of lengths couldn't replace that, they would think and say. The memory was still fresh to even forget the pain. Coming up to the place where it all happened, and then, it was going to pass by. Just like the summer-spring winds calling her scarf to fly away, but still, had to do what they've started together. The sooner the better.

It was never been easy handling a bunch of cases. Until she decided to take the week for a break. Marking the calendars on her organizer.

Mia chose this because she feared she would lose what she had started. She needed no remorse right now, that can wait. She needed one more attendance before the week break, and there, she could cry out loud for herself.

---

She finished the case.

But still, she asked herself. Is it really all done? Could she still fight on the day after? Mia doesn't know the answer. After all, her second case and her current case was her only first victory. She relinquished the vendetta against the woman who made not just her first experience in the courtroom, but also herself, now devastated but she tried to mask it under her sleeve to show that she was just fine.

But now, she was gone in a static plane. Why would she keep up when she's mistaking herself for someone so sturdy had weak foundations? She wanted to crumble it right away. She needed a lift. A lift from all of her questions.

---

Mia was shuffling her files in her office while in the middle of the night. Compiling evidences from one cabinet and the files from the other binder. She seem to forget the things she was asking herself earlier. She never noticed that, perhaps she intended to forget those because she had a long break ahead of her.

And that covered the question of what she would do for the rest of the week.

Despite the fatigue, Mia kept working herself up until midnight. Her motive was unknown, but she eventually locked her office and left, heading over to her apartment, where she spent the sleep time there instead of being cramped up in her office couch like she would always do when she was on a case. She deserved that, and now, she was nothing but in a state of slumber. Clutching on a pillow and covering herself under her blanket, she could only feel the softness of the pillow and cotton blanket, almost like her scarf embracing her all over.

The day came with a bright sunshine. Mia woke up in a start, without a single thought of doubt in her mind. She could now do the usual things as she would normally do without the hassle of her work.

She wore on her usual uniform even though she had nothing to do with the courtroom cases today. She let the warmth embrace her as she exited her apartment, quite bland at first, but then, she learnt how to adapt the outside. She could see the lively neighborhood from the streets as she passed by idly, having specualtions here and there and eventually she would drift to other. The usual intuition of hers. She greeted it with the usual feed of curiousity.

Mia reached the Ivy University later on. She reminded herself of what trials and hellish pressure she had experienced due to the fact that the bar exam's difficulty. Not only that, she had to face mock trials to test their grip on their standing ground. She could easily remember what her past teachers and mentors had lectured on her. At midnight, Mia and Lana would usually hangout reading books, but they pursued different sides of the Law. She chose the career as a Defense Attorney whilst Lana was now a Chief Prosecutor. They spent too much on their duties, and that created a sour rift, especially Lana, since she had other plans that made her hate herself.