Chapter 1

"Mateo!! Mateo, you can't just walk away from this," I say following him around as he gets dressed with the large manila envelope in my hand.

  "We can talk about it when I get back home," he grunts struggling with tie. I finally give in to his agonizing attempts and fix his tie for him, he smiles before placing a chaste kiss on my lips exiting the room before I can even say anything.

  "I love both of you ladies," he says placing a kiss on Juliannas head and giving me a wink before promising to make it up to me when he gets back.

  I make my back to my room and place the child support envelope on the bed. I didn't file for child support and I don't have a kid named Miguel Ferrera so all of this is making me question if I really know my husband at all. I wipe the tears out of my eyes and make my way back to the kitchen grabbing Juliannas bookbag on the way. I can't help but to stare at my beautiful creation in front of me.

  "Mami, why you crying?" She asks and I wipe away the tears I didn't even realize were there.

  "No reason babygirl," I say lying straight through my teeth, "come on we gotta go". A whole 12 minutes and 26 seconds of Disney/Pixar film music later I'm checking her into her class where she now doesn't want to let go of me. The teacher was able to bribe her with a cookie, yep that's how much I'm worth, less than a cookie but I still took that chance to leave.

  Once I get into the car I resume my baby's playlist to avoid anything that reminds me of what I found in the mail and because I'm missing her already. I pull into my usual parking spot at Gravity Records. I used to be an A&R back in Miami but now my husband owns Gravity Records and I just drop in for my input on things and artists.

  Today my goal is to avoid Mateo as much as humanly possible. I check in at the lobby and decide to walk around for a bit and talk to some artists. I took a glance at my phone and sure enough I run into the one and only Lil Dini.

  "Damn girl, watch where the hell you going," he says dabbing his shirt bringing attention to the fact that I made him spill his drink.

  "Here let me help you I'll go get you another one," I say turning to fetch him his drink when he grabs my arm and pulls me close.

  "You can help me in other ways," he says guiding my hand to his very present lower level when I pull my hand back and turn to walk away and I hear him and his friends wolf whistle behind me.

  "You okay?" I hear a females voice I just can't place where it came from in this crowded room. "Yea,"I say looking at my phone so they don't think I'm looking for them. I look up and see curly hair making a retreat.

  I decide to put my initial plan to the side and head upstairs to my husband's office closing the door behind me. I take a seat in front of him listening as he's talking on the phone. I take a breath before spinning myself around in the chair.

  "Okay, I'll see you there. Take care," he says hanging up the phone.

  "I told you we'd talk about it when--

  "I don't want to talk about that right now," I say cutting him off. He nods but doesn't speak as he decides to go over a stack of paperwork. I put my hand out reaching for some of the papers.

  "Gimme," I say and he obeys and we sit in a quiet but not as awkward as should be silence. Our silence is disturbed by GiGi Nixon barging in to tell us how bad her new manager is and I take that as my cue to leave. I grab my papers and exit the room.

  I decide to go sit in the car and finish going over these papers. I'm about 4 pages in when Mateo makes himself comfortable in the passenger seat.

  "I think I want to talk about it now," he says looking me in the eye.

  "How old? How old is the kid," I ask gripping my steering wheel.

  "He's 10, I had him way before I met you, baby" he says staring at me but even then he can't see my problem.

  "Baby we've been together for 8 years and married for 4 so what I can't understand is why I didn't even know you had a child. If he came before we met then why didn't you tell me when you had all the time in the world?"

  "Would you have still wanted to be with me?"

  "Would I have still wanted to be with you!? I loved you the way you were but had I known you were a man who took care of his kid then yes, maybe I would've loved you a little bit more." I say taking a breath to keep the tears from forming in my eyes.

  "On our first date you asked if I had kids and I asked would it make a difference you said maybe, so what did you want me to do--"

  "All I wanted was for you to be honest you having a kid doesn't take away from you and who you are Mateo. He was a baby, did you really feel like a baby was going to make me hate you. Even if I had felt a type of way that just means you deserved better than me for you and your son."

  "Call it clichê but I didn't want better I wanted you," he says and I can't help the smile on my face.

  "That doesn't mean lying about son that's something that effects the family as a whole not just you baby. There's no way you can't see where I'm coming from with this."

  "I know there's a problem with the situation I just didn't know how or when to tell you," he says staring out the window, "but I was going to it just took longer than I expected."

  "Why do you owe child support?"

  "I guess she's upset with the fact that I'm not there physically to take care of him. I send money even though I know money isn't everything I just... Idk I never miss a birthday so I get to see him, I just don't know what she wants from me."

  "You see your son once a year and you can't figure out why she wants child support?" I say hoping I could make him understand. I crosses his eyebrows and I think he sees the problem.

  "Well when you put it like that," he says looking me in the eye and I can't help but laugh causing him to laugh and God I love this mans smile. I feel my breath suddenly catch and it takes a second but my brain catches up and onto his soft lips on mine.

  "I love you baby" he says looking me in the eye.

  "I love you too," I say just above a whisper before leaning in for another kiss, I sigh picking my papers back up to prevent making another kid in the car.

  "What's wrong?" Hes asks looking at the papers in my head but reading my mind.

  "I miss my old job," I confess signing on the dotted lines, "I also wanted another baby but I don't see the point now." He smiles before grabbing my hand and kissing up my arm and back down.

  "We can have as many babies that you want," he says kissing my hand again and for some strange reason it turns me on to the max before my lips wind up on his. I kiss his neck and his friend decides to make an appearance. I can feel him through my jeggings as I thrust my hips against him, I can't help the moan that slips out he smiles at me before reclining his seat all the way back. He runs his hands from my thighs to ass before he pulls me in for another kiss. I break away and the chance to unbutton his pants and get to work on his friend. As soon as my mouth makes contact he lets out a moan and keep going at a steady pace my hands following my mouth from base to tip. I use my tongue to lick his shaft feeling him twitch in my hands and I know exactly whats about to happen when I look up at him staring back down at me. I put him in my mouth all 10 inches and I make sure to look at him while doing so which sends him right over the edge and the kids I just said I wanted right down my throat.

  "My gracious mamí that was amazing," he says and I wipe what's left on my face away realizing I just had a quickie with my husband in my car, at work, after finding out he has a kid.

  "Damn it Nina why are you so easy," I think to myself before fixing my makeup and leaving him in the car to recover on his own.