Prologue

Scars. Whether they're mental or physical, scars leave an imprint on you. From getting hurt physically and mentally, it leaves the same impact. Pain. Hurt. Scars are a permanent reminder of the memory it's associated with. Many people have either fallen down, gotten shot, broken a bone, or even been beaten. I, however, have never done the sort.
My father was one of the weathiet people in the world. He made his money and power by destroying people and their companies. I never approved his methods. He was ruthless when he went into his "work" zone, but at home, he was a good dad to me. Not always the best when it came to my protection though.
He would assign multiple guards, making sure that I was always watched. He made many, many enemies with great power, and that scared me. These people were destroyed, and I'm sure they would want revenge at some point. I think the best parenting decision he ever made was giving me self-defense classes from assassins. I was trained to be the best at fighting, so if it ever came down to his old enemies, I could protect myself. Since then, I was only assigned at least one guard to watch over me.
The worst mistake my dad ever made was crossing the Russian mafia. I knew his past would come back, but we weren't prepared. Their assassins were some of the best in the world. They were top of the line killers, and that's exactly what they did to our bodyguards.
With me being the only survivor and getting a look at a certain tattoo, I was assigned to witness protection.
And just like that, everything was ripped from underneath me. The life of a socialite, gone. The life of elegant parties, gone. And most of all, my dad, gone.
Now, I just needed to be brave. For me and for my dad both. But that was just the beginning of the whirlwind of craziness I was about to be thrown into to.