The Inception

"Special fangz (get it, coz Im goffik) 2 my gf (ew not in that way) raven, bloodytearz666 4 helpin me wif da story and spelling. U rok!"
- My Immortal, 2006

I had never received the best grades in my writing classes, I hadn't even gotten through a chapter of The Philosopher's Stone yet, and I had absolutely no ideas for possible plots, characters, or really anything else; I was starting to think that maybe, just maybe, starting a mind blowingly awesome Harry Potter fanfiction just wasn't in the cards for tonight. I cursed myself for allowing the situation to get so out of hand in the first place. I could have just told Raven the truth, or even just a slightly bent version of the truth, but no, I had to go way over the top, not just telling her that I was up to date with the Harry Potter series, but that I had even written a few chapters of a Draco x Reader fanfiction. And when she had volunteered to help me with the story, to be my own personal editor and co-author, what had I done to bail myself out? Nothing but smile and excitedly promise to send her my first chapter by tonight.

I glanced away from the blank word document in front of me, shifting my eyes instead to the window. I grimaced at how dark the sky had become. I would only have a matter of minutes left to type--my mom would want the computer back before long. I had wanted to impress Raven with a spectacular chapter, but at this point the best I could hope for was not getting caught in my lie. I didn't have to write a masterpiece, I just had to write something. With renewed determination, I leaned forward and began to type.