A Thousand Years

Author's note: The story is set in 2064 so that it would be around 12th century when the vow was made. I hope you got my point. Wynona and Luke are the names for the lead roles.

Please enjoy!

A Thousand Years by Christina Perri inspired me to write this short story.

It was a thousand-old vow. A magical promise of a broken soul from the past transferred to generations. But the time has come and the two souls separated by distance and circumstances long ago will reunite. It was an unrequited love but will the past repeat itself and break another heart or will the heartbreaks of the present compensate the past and mend its wounds?

Wynona's POV

Heart beats fast, colors and promises

I saw him, standing there. I felt a recognition in the deepest part of my heart. My mind shouted that I knew him though it's my first time seeing him. My heartbeats raced, my nerves were wild. I felt a pang of pain but I didn't know why I wanted him. This might sound silly but I felt like I love him. Will he feel the same way?

How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid
To fall

The fears. I didn't know where they're from. I was afraid of falling for him and hurting myself as well. How did I come up with these things? No plausible answer. It's an awful oddity to feel this way towards a total stranger. Yet, it's like my instincts were telling me. But why and how?

But watching you stand alone
All of my doubts
Suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer

He's an important person. Yes, he is. I felt  like a stalker trying to know him secretly, admiring him distantly. I couldn't go near him because I never saw him alone. A ladies' man indeed. A man every woman dreamed of.
Is this true? Who I am seeing right now? Then our eyes met. It wasn't like the first time. I had a feeling that I've seen those blue eyes. He's the first to break the contact. I felt my heart shattered. I suddenly realized that I'm walking towards him.

I was talking to him incessantly while he's gawking at me. He's just staring at me the whole time. I decided to stop and said goodbye.

I had a dream last night. It's like a memory. I was there and Luke was there, too. I didn't remember much but when I woke up this morning, my eyes were wet from tears. I felt pain in my heart. Why? Why do I feel like I know him? Why is there a pain whenever I look at him and yet, I still believe I love him. How did I let myself believe I feel that way for him? I'm confused. I want answers but I don't know where to start.

I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love for a thousand more

Every minutes turn to hours, then days. He's the only one I ever think of. Thinking of him is enough to kill me but I'll wake up again one day and be hurt in the process. Maybe it's easier to forget him. But how? How can I when I see him whenever I close my eyes, I dreamt of him every night. It's like I willingly torture myself. Why do I have to see him and be affected to him this way? My heart aches, my mind is going crazy. I want to be rid of this pain.

Time stand still, beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me