Prologue

Okay, here is the 1st sequel to Dahlia

I would really love to see some comments and votes. Writing is hard work and without love it makes the work feel even harder.

Thanks

Justin

####

Overview

The world isn't really what you think it is. Below the surface there is a battle for good and evil. Supernatural beings live, love and fight on both sides of the war. No one knows who's winning and depending on who you ask what side they are on, good or evil. Lines were drawn thousands of years ago. Between those that fed on humans in some way or another called Verga versus those that didn't called Empa. A battle that never ends with only one reward. Their consort, a supernatural beings soul mate.

Junior was lied to and tricked into thinking his Verga consort was dead. Her name is Zinnia and she is Sentinel Shtriga that went insane when she found out her consort is a crossbreed between a Kitsune and a Wendigo. Kitsune are Empa and the enemy. They are basically what humans would call a werewolf. Though, they actually have foxes inside of them not wolves. Shtriga are Verga and what humans call a vampire. Empa eat food, Verga survive on the blood of humans. There are many types of Empa and Verga. Sentinels are the oldest Shtriga alive. There is no mystery why Zinnia went insane. She spent thousands years hunting, killing and torturing Kitsune. She is their Boogeyman. Kitsune everywhere trembled in fear of the Kitsune Hunter.

Junior's family decided that lying to him and allowing him to think that Zinnia died was better for him; His mother loved to say it's for his own good. The story as told by his mama Dahlia is that when Zinnia realized her consort was a crossbreed something inside of her snapped into pieces. Then in a stupor of some kind Zinnia kidnapped Junior and took off. Since she had no friend or family, eventually Zinnia ran out of locations to the run and hide.

A Kitsune pack found her and took advantage of her compromised mental condition. From what they say, more than a hundred Kitsune descended on Zinnia and tore her from limb to limb. Junior's parents convinced him that he would find happiness and love despite having lost his consort. Junior did his best to believe they were right and even successfully fell head over heals in love with his childhood girlfriend and pack member Kathy. Then again, it took only one small smell of the natural fragrance of his consort and Junior's world went into a tail spin. Junior found out fast that parents lie and sometimes death does not mean dead.