I Just Want Someone To Look After Me [01]

Start from the beginning

"If you ever need help, remember -"

"I know." I said with a tight smile. "But I can manage fine. Thank you though." She gave a half smile.

"I have to actually get back to her but yeah..."

"Remember that there is an information evening for... erm... parents. About Max going into first school."

"Right." I said hurridely. "Um... thursday?" I said in a hopefuly voice.

She shook her head but with a fond smile. "Friday. Six o'clock."

"Right. I'll be there." I smiled brightly.

I called for Max, grabbed him and waving goodbye, walked to the car. I strapped him into his booster seat and clambered into the front. I drove to the shop, went in and got what I needed. Thank god I had a job, otherwise I would be in deep trouble, having to afford all this. Mom use to have a job, but since she's gotten ill.. she hasn't been able to keep ahold of it of course. I grabbed everything I needed, along with getting Max a little treat ~ rasins, his faviourite ~ and left. I drove home.

I put the tv on and started dinner - sweet and sour - and sat Max down in front of the tv and gave him some toys. Shoudl keep him quiet for a little while. I went back upstairs and checked on mom. She was wtaching some crappy program that I could tell she wasn't even interested in.

"Hungry mom?" I asked hopefully.

She shook her head.

"Too bad. You're eating." I said with a hard look.

She looked downards and didn't reply. I walked towards her. She didn;t look up.

"You have to eat. You HAVE to mom. You don't have a choice." I said in a firm but gentle voice. She nodded mutely and I sighed in relief.

"Lets do your hair, shall we?" I smiled and she looked up and gave a sort of nod, a small smile on her lips.

I spent the next hour blow-drying and sorting her hair for her. When I was done, it didn't look so dead. I smiled at her and she smiled iback at me. Then I did her make-up. She looked normal again, albeit a little pale and thin but she looked like... mom. I helped her downstairs and she sat on the couch with Max. I finished sorting dinner and we all sat down to eat. Of course mom barely ate anything at all. I gave her a hard stare and she forced some down her. Max ate his all too willingly and maybe a bit more, making such a mess. I ate some of mine but since I don't eat a lot anyway, this was no biggy. I washed and cleared up and then rang the babysitter. I helped mom to bed and met Charlie at the door.

She smiled and hugged me when she saw me and fussed over Max. I smiled and tahnked her for the trillionth time that night. Charlie is such a nice girl, only fourteen but with such a big heart. I've known her for nearly two years, shes always been there to babysit... since mom got ill that is.

I changed into my uniform and drove down to work, a little cafe. The pay wasn't the best but it was better then some other places around here. I began my tiresome job. Cooking. Cleaning. Waiting. Having to put up with pigs making a move on me. All so sickening. But we need the money. Badly. So I put up with it. John, my boss was pretty nice. He often gave me some extra cash when I desprately needed it. Soon, if things didn't pick up, I might have to sell my car, my baby.

Once the night was over, a very uneventful night, apart from the odd pig, I drove home, exhausted. I parked the car and walked in. Charlie was asleep on the couch, the living room tieided entirely. I smiled and gave her a gentle shake. Once she was awake, I went to hand her her pay.

"No, tonight was on me." She said with a tired smile.

"Thanks." I said smiling back.

She hugged me goodbye and as she walked out she said; "Send your mom my love."

"Sure." I whispered.

I made sure everything was turned off, plugs unplugged, heating off. All of it. I went upstairs, making sure to leave only the hall light on. I checked in on mom. Sound asleep. I walked across to her and brushed some of the hair off of her face. I sighed sadly and walked out, shutting the door silently. Then I check in on Max. Also sleeping soundly. I bent to kiss his cheek, wrapping the blanket more tighter around him. I shut the door over gently and walked into my room.

I looked around me. My memories plastered over the walls. My posters, everything that definied me as me. My homework strewn everywhere, paper and books everywhere. Thankfully it was resonably clean, only slightly messy. I changed quickly and showed, dressing in my pj's. I flopped down on the floor, my wet hair up in a ponytail. I checked out my clock. Two am. Great. I have to finish this essay as well... or else. I can't miss anymore work, anymore shcool. Tomorrow is tuesday. I get a few days off each week and that was it. Otherwise I could leave early at certain times, Thankfully because of all this I didn't have to do p.e... I didn;t have enough time for that and it was a watse of the time I had so I replaced it. I now do art, english, maths and drama. Thats it. Thankfully. Other than that I'm either working, cleaning or looking after mom and Max.

Thats just my life.

Dad left when things got tough. When we found out about mom's illness, he left. I hate him so much it hurts some times. Just thinking about what he put us through...

I leaped to my feet, holding in a scream of anger. Tears built up, stung my eyes, making me evern mroe angry. I punched the wall. Hard. I felt pain jolt through my fist and the tears came, hot and salty. My body throbbed with pain as I lenaed against the wall before sliding down it, sobbing and weeping, arms wrapped around my knees. When no ones around, thats when I cry. Thats when my world begins to crumble, when I begin to break.

But I have to keep going.

I'm all they have got.

A/N; Well? Comment and vote, become a fan. Tell me what you thought? Does this story make you sad? Feel sympathy for her? What could I do to improve on it? Thank you so much :)