0.0

P R O L O G U E

six hours after The Light...

             The sun rises over the ocean.

          A young man opens his eyes and squints, everything suddenly seeming like nothing but pitch blackness. He tries to lift himself off of the wet, wooden platform, but all strength seems to have left him. He doesn't remember how he got there. He only knows it must've hurt. A lot.

           Lucy.

        The name appears in his mind like a revelation. Panic grips him, and he tries again to lift himself off of the platform, which he now recalls to be a boating dock. He is freezing and numb, with the wind whipping relentlessly against damp clothes, yet he feels like he is on fire. The man is uncommonly aware of his surroundings now; the waves crashing against the posts holding up the dock, the wind screaming into his ears, the dark greyness of the sky and the glowing promise of the sun illuminating it all.

        Yet...it's still so dark. He squints, staring at the grey clouds, and clenches his teeth. His memories are returning to him, one by one, slowly and carefully, and, for some reason, painfully.

        His name is David. He is 23.

        And he is completely and hopelessly in love with a ghost.