Prologue

It was a spur of the moment – rather, a desperate call from the heart that desires to be heard, to be noticed, to be accepted.  

She ran hastily, driven by the need to outpace her own racing heartbeat, and searched for the figure that never left her mind for the past three years. 

And there she found him, standing on a pathway of cherry blossom trees that strangely complemented his moss green locks. She called his name.

"Midorima-kun!"

The man turned around, revealing an almost inconceivable confusion behind a pair of framed spectacles. Of course, she noticed it. He was the apple of her eye for three long years. She could read him like an open book.

"I like you. Please go out with me."

A simple and painfully-cliché confession. She wanted to say more, but even a million words would fall short to the abundance of her feelings.

Silently and with hands fidgeting in anticipation, she awaited his reply. However, the words that soon left his mouth made her rose-tinted vision disappear!

"What is your Zodiac sign?"

She only blinked repeatedly, at lost after being pushed off the cloud nine! It was only then that she took notice of her surroundings. A flock of curious passerbys already had them enclosed in a circle. Loud whistles and whispers of gossip spread among the crowd.

One muttered, "Hey, isn't that Nadeshiko?"

Meet our heroine, Chano Shizuka! She is Teiko Middle's one and true Yamato Nadeshiko, a title befitting only a lady of incomparable beauty, superior IQ, bountiful luxury, and flawless attitude. She was hailed like a queen―doted by the men, envied by the women!

"That four-eyes! What a fortunate bastard. Those lucky items of his weren't just for show, huh!" A guy grumbled in jealousy.

The comments of the audience filled Shizuka's ears, momentarily drawing her attention away from Midorima. He cleared his throat, and her neck almost snapped as she turned to him in a haste.

"I'm a Libra," she answered determinedly, albeit confused at his question.

Midorima sighed and Shizuka had to remind herself not to collapse at the simple sight of him readjusting his glasses to the bridge of his nose. He bowed, breaking their gazes.

"I'm sorry, but fate deemed us to be incompatible with each other."

Fair enough, Chano Shizuka collapsed for a different reason.

🍀🍀🍀

Author's Note:

The main character is not a Mary Sue, don't worry! She'll be continuously knocked down by Oha-asa, so stay tuned to our girl's fight for love! (≧∇≦)