3//the detention

"Fowler, truth or dare?" Jack smirked. Andy hadn't really been participating in the game at all, and he wanted to get to know the blond boy better.

"Truth, I guess," Andy mumbled, still unhappy with the whole situation.

"Umm, okay, why are you acting like you hate us all, then?"

"Maybe because I do," Andy sassed.

"But why?" Jack asked.

"Because you all just sit there and act all cool, like nothing is wrong. You get a detention for being extremely loud and annoying at lunch and act like it's no big deal. Plus, I'm paired with you all for this project, which you're probably not going to take seriously, seeing as none of you have very good grades," Andy rolled his eyes.

"Look, Fowler, you may not like us, which is fine. I promise you that at the very least, I am not your biggest fan, either. But don't bring grades into this. It's not as easy for some people as it is for you. Some people study and work their ass off and can't pass. It's not easy to be a straight A student for most people, so if you would kindly fuck off, that would be greatly appreciated," Sonny told him off.

Sonny looked over to see Rye with tears in his eyes. "I'm done with this stupid game," Rye mumbled, turning away from the rest of the boys. Sonny got up and walked over to him.

"You okay?" Sonny asked.

"No, I'm not okay. Like you said, it's not easy to be a straight A student. I put in all my effort, and I'm lucky to come out with anything above a D. You don't even try that hard and manage to make C's and B's. Andy gets straight A's. Why am I the fuck up?" Rye couldn't hold back the tears anymore, and just let them flow freely down his face.

"Hey, it's okay, Rye. You're not a fuck up, okay? School work isn't your strong suit, sure, but there's plenty of other things you're good at," Sonny told him.

"Like what?" Rye rolled his eyes, not believing Sonny's words.

"Like music. Like sports. Like being an amazing friend. Like being kind to everyone you meet, and always assuming the best in people. You're an amazing person. Your grades don't determine who you are."

"You're right. Thanks, Sonny," Rye said after a minute of silence, pulling Sonny into a hug.

"Anytime, bro."

They went back to the other boys, who had been waiting for them to continue the game.

"Your turn, Fowler," Jack said.

"Beaumont, truth or dare?" Andy asked.

"Truth."

"What was that whole thing about?"

"Well, you're right, Andy. I don't get the best grades. I try my best, I really do, but it's not easy. I don't understand what they try to teach me most of the time. No matter how much I study, I always seem to get bad grades," Rye sighed.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made it seem like you don't try in school. It always comes easy to me, I forget that it's harder for some people," Andy apologized.

"I get it. It's that way for me with sports. It's just natural for me to play pretty much any sport I come across, so when other people don't get it, it's hard for me to help," Rye said.

Andy smiled, the first one any of the four boys had seen from him all day. Rye smiled as well, enjoying knowing that he was the cause of that one and only smile.

"Anyways," Rye broke the silence, getting back to the game. "Brooklyn, truth or dare?"

"Dare, I guess?" he answered, nervous as to what was about to happen.

"Umm, I dare you to drop a textbook, make sure it makes a really loud noise, then yell out your favorite cuss word," Rye whispered, not wanting to make it too bad, but still wanting some entertainment.

"Okay," Brooklyn smiled. He picked up a textbook and slammed it on the ground, succeeding in catching the attention of the detention supervisor. "FUCK!" Brooklyn yelled.

"Language, Mr. Wyatt. And calm down, it was just a textbook," he sighed.

All five boys were giggling over the scene, however childish it may seem.

"Okay, Sonny, truth or dare?" Brooklyn asked.

"Truth."

"Why did you do what you did at lunch?" Brook asked, still curious as to what had happened.

"Well, I mean I am bi. I wasn't making fun of it, despite what Dreelan said. But I did it like that because the three of us were playing truth or dare, again, and Duff dared me to," Sonny confessed.

"That makes so much sense," Andy said in awe, making everyone else laugh at his wonder.

"Yeah, I guess," Sonny said.

"Anyways, your turn," Brooklyn told Sonny.

"Okay, Duff, truth or dare?" Sonny asked.

"Dare, why not?"

"Okay, I dare you to do the same thing I did at lunch today," Sonny challenged.

"Dude, no way, that landed all 3 of us in detention," Jack protested.

"That's true, we agreed not to do anything that would get us in trouble," Rye agreed.

"Fine," Sonny rolled his eyes. "Then, I dare you to assume everyone here's sexuality and say out loud what you think it is and why."

"Is everyone comfortable with that?" Jack asked, not wanting to do it if they weren't. Rye and Sonny nodded, seeing as everyone already knew they were bi. Andy nodded, as well. He had nothing to be ashamed of, at least in his eyes. Brook was warry, but agreed. He didn't think this group would judge him at all.

"Okay, Sonny, Rye, I think you're both bisexual, because you've both told me," Jack laughed nervously. The two boys nodded. "Andy, I think you're... gay." Andy nodded.

"You're right. But you have to say why," Andy told him, enjoying how uncomfortable he seemed.

"Right, well, I don't really know, you just seem like you would be. And Brooklyn, I don't know, probably straight. You just seem like you would be into girls." Jack sighed, glad to be done with that.

"I'm gay, but okay," Brooklyn laughed.

"You guys are free to go," the supervisor told them. They all got up, left the classroom, and went their separate ways, acting like the whole thing hadn't even happened.

1056 words
~Soph