Prologue

⚠️Just as a warning ⚠️

it will contain swearing and may have smut/lemons (depending on what gen) I will warn you about the smut if there is any but besides that hope you enjoy!

Also all photos in this book I DO NOT OWN! I found them all off the internet.

_______________________________

I open my pale blue orbs to look at the branches above my sleeping form before throwing my body into a seating position to look over the picket white fencing that surrounded the property in front. I dangle a limb while it sways back and forth keeping my back rested on the trunk of the big oak tree. I hear laughter and the loud thumping of shoes on the deck. I looked over at the little girl around the same age as I, whom was running away from a big male giggling.

She had fluffy brown locks that bounced with her movements, emerald orbs that shined like stars to compliment her honey tanned skin. The older male chasing her was the father. He had the same emerald orbs as the youngster and had a light honey tan. The only difference was that he had short, jet black hair. It wasn't long before the mother came out with long brown locks that matched the young daughter while having pale skin and dark chocolate eyes that matched her hair.

I took a bite of an apple sighing slightly. Father and mother had told me once I became eighteen the day we get our tiger forms is the day I will look over and protect this family. I never understood why, I won't know till I'm a lot older but still, I sat and watched them learning more about humans and their behaviours.

I heard growling which caught not only my attention but the people who lived behind the forest. The mother told her daughter Ruth, to go inside. I quickly jumped out of the tree to not over stay my welcome knowing there's an intruder on my father's territory. Running as fast as I can I headed for the den on the two limbs I had never looking back as my raven hair bounces on my head. My skin was pale but I felt like it went more so as the tiger leaps from behind only to swipe at my back. I yelp which caused my angry father to show up roaring at the other male. I gather to my feet ignoring the flame on my back running into the den.

Mother quickly guarded the entrance standing protectively over me while we watched the two males fight. The other male was smaller but he had more muscle and was younger giving the smaller tiger an advantage. They fought viscously standing on hind legs while their giant paws swipe at one another, talons out ready to strike for a deadly blow.

Just as mother covered my eyes I hear a roar from father but not the usual victory one. It was a defeat as a thump was sent on the forest floor cracking small sticks and rustling leaves silencing the forest. Our home became alive once more as the new victor tiger roars loudly. I knew I was in trouble from this young male. He would kill me in order to have mum to give his own offspring.

Mum wasn't having any of it. She looked down at me with her glowing yellow and green eyes.

'Get on.' Was all she said in our link. I quickly hop onto her back holding on tightly to her neck fur. Before the male tiger could even blink, mother sprinted as far and as fast as she could while I clinged on for dear life. Once mother slowed down she turned into her human form before grabbing some clothes off of the neighbour's washing line. I was confused at first considering mother and father never really turned into their human form. I already had cloth that draped around my torso considering I didn't have my tiger yet.

Mother held out her hand so I reached for it. She grasped my hand only to walk faster.

'Where are we going mother?' I didn't know how to talk since mother and father always mind linked more then spoke words.

'We are going to blend in with the humans.. we have to keep that family protected and when you are old enough as well as strong enough, you shall fight back your father's land.' I felt the pressure weigh on my shoulders from mother's words. I would have to protect the family as well as fight for our land back?

I tugged on mother's hand making her stop and turn to face me. She could see and feel the fear through me. Her soft smile shows on her lips before kneeling down to my level. Her soft green and yellow eyes look into mine while her ginger hair falls down her shoulders to her hips. She gently brings her pale hand to my face in a gentle manner stroking my cheek with the thumb.

"You don't have to worry about it all now, just be strong and brave for now. For pa ok?" I nod still not really understanding what is going on. She brings a gentle smile to her lips patting my cheek.

And so that is what I did. I stayed strong and brave for pa. I couldn't let him down. What I did not understand back then, I do now. My father died. I was too young to realise the situation at hand only knowing my instincts told me to run from the lerking male cat.

_______________________________

Sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to set up for the next one and end it here anyway let me know what you think!