The First Day

Disclaimer: I do not own Percy Jackson or the Heroes of Olympus series. All rights belong to Rick Riordan. 

Nico

"Ready for the infirmary, di Angelo?"

Nico grunted "Do I have a choice?"

Will just beamed at him, "nope."

"Then sure I am, Solace."

"Fantastic!"

Will lead the way to the infirmary, as Nico trudged along behind him. "You know the three days doesn't count the time it takes for you to walk there?" Nico caught up to Will at that news.

"Really di Angelo? You're that inclined to stay out of the infirmary?"

"Why shouldn't I be?

"Well, maybe, you might be grateful for the time to get better."

"I'm fine, seriously."

"Uh-huh. Sure you are."

Nico just rolled his eyes, and walked alongside his self-appointed doctor until they reached the infirmary. Despite the many people that had already come out, still almost every bed lay occupied. The war had really hit the camp hard. Will surveyed the room. "I have to check on some of my patients real quick, but I'll have...Kayla!"

"Yeah, Will?"

"Could you take Nico to his room?"

"Sure thing, Will."

A girl with a high blond pony tail and scrubbs came over to Nico, "I don't suppose you remember me?"

"Sorry, but I can't say I do."

Kayla nodded, "Well, this way to your room."

"Why aren't I on one of the cots, out here?" Nico asked, confused, but not exactly disappointed.

"Will wants you to rest. And if you're track record has any indication, that'll probably include some pretty rough nightmares. We wouldn't want to disturb any of the other patients."

Nico nodded, it made sense, especially on the assumption that his dream traveling could be considered "underworld-y stuff" and off-limits.

Nico overviewed his room--twin sized bed with sterile white sheets and bedding, a small but empty bedside table, and light green cabinets that lined the walls. And an awful hospital gown on top of the bed.

"Change into the gown, but you can leave your pants on. Will will be in here shortly."

Thank the gods he at least got to stay mostly dressed, Nico thought as he changed out of his shirt and into the awful hospital gown.

"Knock knock" Will said cheerfully from the door.

"What's up, Solace?"

"Can I come in or are you still...?"

Nico just walked over and opened the door.

"Okay, so I just need to run a quick check up on you, standard rules of the road, and then l'll go get you something to help you sleep."

Nico nodded, feeling that a greater response wasn't necessary, and that fighting was futile.

"So first off, pulse," Will declared, pulling up his stethoscope and connecting it to Nico's heart. "Shit, di Angelo, you sure you're fine?"

"100%."

"Mhmmm." Will replied, in clear disbelief, and glancing over Nico's body when he noticed his arms. "So you don't hurt at all?"